QML Pathology offers above Award wages through its Certified Agreement, as well as employment benefits such as discounted Private Health Insurance and bulk billing of pathology and x-ray services.
An exciting opportunity exists in the CQ region for a Pathology Collection Supervisor. This position is traditionally based in Rockhampton but Mackay or Gladstone location may be considered. This full-time position will be required Monday to Friday, with weekend work according to operational demands including after-hours on call telephone support. The successful applicant will ensure best practice service standards are met in all clinic locations. Ability to regularly travel throughout Central Qld is essential.
Your duties will include:
• Organisation of shift allocations to ensure adequate staffing of ACC’s, hospital rounds, and home visit collections in the region.
• Responsibility for the recruitment and training of Pathology Specimen Collectors.
• Ensuring adherence to Occupational Health and Safety and Quality Policies.
• Collection of blood and other samples from patients.
• Packaging and dispatching of specimens.
• Stock management.
• Investigate and follow up reports of equipment failure, organise repair and schedule routine maintenance.
• Co-ordination of commercial work.
• Investigating and managing customer complaints and implementing preventative action to reduce the risk of reoccurrence.
You will possess:
• Demonstrated experience in all facets of Phlebotomy and the ability to manage staff.
• Deliver training with positive outcomes.
• Excellent communication skills and intermediate computer experience.
• Demonstrated ability to understand and adhere to policies and procedures and convey this knowledge to both existing and new employees.
• Strong focus on Quality Management Indicators.
• Excellent problem-solving skills.
• Ability to maintain costs within a budget.
• Strong customer focus.
• Accuracy with attention to detail.
• Current Qld open driver’s licence.
• Covid and Flu vaccination certificates
QML Pathology provides world class diagnostic services to the medical community in Queensland and Northern New South Wales.
Our organisation aims to achieve and maintain the highest standard of service and scientific excellence within chosen markets.
Applications meeting the selection criteria above, to email@example.com
or alternatively apply via the appropriate link below. Applications close Friday, 21st January 2022. Please quote job number 447386 when applying.
Only people who have the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Employment at QML Pathology may be subject to a satisfactory pre-employment medical assessment.
QML is an equal opportunity employer.
Note: Your application will be reviewed and if successful we will contact you directly to discuss the next stage of the recruitment process. If you are not shortlisted you will usually not be advised that your application was not successful.