About the Role
Working within the Parks and Recreation department of Gladstone Ports Corporation (GPC), this role is required to safely maintain GPC’s port assets within the company’s parks and gardens facilities including our flagship facilities, the Gladstone Marina and East Shores. The Parklands Gardener carries out a high standard of parkland presentation and property maintenance that provides safe and accessible enjoyment to Gladstone’s community and visitors; and to enhance GPC’s contribution to the Gladstone region’s growth and prosperity.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Positively represent GPC in interpersonal dealings with parkland patrons, including being responsive to parkland enquiries, responding to safety, security and any other matters that arise in the course of daily activities;
- Assist and support the Superintendent in the management of GPC property and assets located within the Marina and East Shores Maritime Precincts;
- Operational checks and maintenance of water park facilities.
- Maintain and enhance GPC parklands, facilities and assets including but not limited to:
- General cleaning, including walkways, paths, boardwalk and grounds;
- Carrying out gardening activities including but not limited to;
- Cutting/pruning trees, shrubs and bushes and garden bed maintenance;
- Mulching garden beds, fertilising gardens and lawns;
- Installing, maintaining and trouble-shooting irrigation systems;
- Use of tools and equipment such as ride-on mower, power tools, travel buggy.
- Cleaning of BBQ facilities, surrounds and shelters including rubbish collection and removal.
To be truly successful in this role, you must possess a genuine passion and approach to being a gardener. While it is desirable for you to hold a Certificate III in Horticulture, genuine interest and equivalent experience, will be highly considered. You will require skills and experience in garden cultivation such as identifying, cultivating and maintaining plant species and landscaping as well as the capability to carry out a variety of maintenance tasks across parks and garden facilities. A pro-active and confident approach to safety is a must. Also necessary are strong communications skills for you to liaise with and create engaging relationships with those inside GPC and outside of GPC, by regularly interacting in a positive manner with members of the general public and users of GPC’s parklands.
Please complete the online application form and submit a cover letter, resume and copies of any qualifications as part of your application.
For further details on the role and requirements, please refer to the full position description.
Confidential enquiries can be made by contacting the recruitment team on (07) 4976 1686.
Applications are to be received prior to 4:30pm Wednesday 4th October 2023 and must be submitted via https://www.gpcl.com.au/who-we-are/work-with-us/