Concentis is partnering with Gladstone Port Corporation to source a Parkland Curator who will provide strategic direction to develop and maintain GPC’s various landscaped precincts, parklands and buffer zones.
You will be responsible for the preparation and implementation of operational plans and activities to achieve high-standard presentation and safety through landscape design, construction, environmental revegetation, physical and ‘green’ asset management’.
- Maintain and enhance GPC’s parkland presentation and experience:-
- Formulate the GPC aesthetic environment and horticultural activities by reviewing and recommending the landscape design, construction, environmental revegetation, housekeeping activities and initiatives that positively promote the Port.
- Coach and Mentor employees and trainees on landscape maintenance, including on the job training to ensure employees are competent to perform their duties.
- Set and develop the strategic direction for GPC parklands:
- Lead the development and implementation of aesthetic and environmental management projects on parklands and buffer regions.
- Prepare proposals for future requirements of plant, machinery and equipment for the parks and gardens.
- Integrate and align GPC’s parkland strategic development plans with stakeholders including LGA’s and landholders.
- Contribute to the development of the business planning:
- Implement business plans and ensure improvement projects are completed on time and to pre-determined specifications.
- Monitor and track progress against plans.
- Comply with all the Health, Safety and Environment management system requirements including safety and environmental risk register controls and obligations.
Why this role?
- Qualification in Horticulture and/or Asset Maintenance Management is required
- Previous experience in horticulture or landscape management such as plant cultivation, botany and arboriculture are a MUST
- Extensive experience and knowledge of the maintenance management principles in relation to environmental, parkland, and/or landscape assets
- Strong stakeholder engagement, leadership, and facilitation skills are required to help provide leadership to multi-disciplinary teams with diverse skillsets
- Proactive with a strong commitment to driving safe work culture
- Ability to project plan, implement and track improvement progress to ensure work is delivered on time and budget
- Experience and Qualifications in the management of Interactive Water Features is highly desirable
- Font line management cert IV or higher is desirable
- Previous membership or experience with Parks & Leisure Australia is desirable
- Competitive remuneration with 12.75% super and access to a range of wellbeing benefits including healthcare, social club membership and more
- Be at the forefront of making a difference and contributing to the well-being of the wider Gladstone community
- A great work-life balance
- A company dedicated to the development of all its employees, striving for long-term growth and sustainability.
- Gain exposure to other GPC assets, including buffer zones, Ticor Quarry, Fisherman’s Landing, Port of Bundaberg & Port Alma
Utilise your expertise in horticulture and landscape development and maintenance to create and maintain beautiful, environmentally friendly parklands and recreation areas for the Gladstone community to enjoy!
If interested, please submit your resume in Word Format and we will contact you once shortlisting begins.
Wanting to learn more?
Please reach out to me on firstname.lastname@example.org
or 0422 126 112
for a confidential conversation.