Byerwen Mine is an open cut coal mine employing approximately a thousand coal mine workers and is located 2 hours west of Mackay, and about 20 km west of Glenden in Queensland's Bowen Basin. Macmahon Contactors is the Coal Mine Operator, and the mine is owned by the QCoal Group.
Byerwen Mine is looking to recruit a highly skilled Mine Site Paramedic to join our team. The successful applicant will be employed by Macmahon Contractors and be an integral part of the HSEQT team.
The role requires the Paramedic to:
- Screen workers and visitors as they attend site including drug & alcohol testing.
- Provide professional medical advice and treatment to the level possible on site for both work related and non work related injuries and illness.
- Assess and triage patients, administer first aid, and stabilise critical conditions.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date medical records for all incidents and treatments.
- Have a demonstrated ability to remain calm and focused under pressure.
- Effectively communicate with the workforce at all levels.
- Communicate and work with external emergency services. Develop and present health promotion topics to the workforce when required.
- Facilitate training sessions on first aid and emergency response procedures for site personnel when required.
- Maintain the site clinic including stock levels and supplies.
- Inspect and maintain the first aid kits and defibrillators at the various locations around the site.
- Work cohesively and effectively in small teams.
Who are we looking for:
- A Paramedic with recognized Australian qualifications and certification.
- AHPRA registration or have the ability to register.
- A professional who is passionate about providing a high level of care for the Byerwen Mine workforce.
- Proven experience as a Paramedic in a mining or industrial setting is highly desirable.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- Physically fit and ability to work in challenging environmental conditions.
What is on offer:
- Working for a highly regarded mining company that truly cares for the health and safety of its employees.
- Even time 7 on 7 off rotating roster.
- Bus transport to and from Mackay or Townsville.
- Accommodation and meals supplied while on site.
- An attractive salary.
Macmahon is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages suitable qualified women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply.