Casual | Multiple Positions
$31.09 - $33.18 per hour (depends on qualifications and experience, please note that junior rates may apply)
We are currently seeking passionate and keen Outside School Hours Care (OSHC) Educators to join our PCYC Gladstone OSHC Service. If you are enthusiastic and love working with children, then we want to hear from you.
What we can offer
- In addition to your remuneration, enjoy generous not-for-profit salary packaging benefits of up to $18,550 per annum tax free!
- Free PCYC Gym Membership
- Work alongside other friendly, supportive and skilled Educators
- Flexible workplace; morning and/or afternoon shifts
- Great career progression opportunities available
- Be part of a team that work together to provide fun and engaging programs for children by using the strengths you bring to the role
Your New Role
Reporting to the Service Manager, you will be a valued Educator who provides high quality practices to ensure a safe, inclusive, and engaging environment for children. You will be responsible for interacting with and effectively supervising the children while working as a team to deliver a high-quality education and care service. A key focus of this role is to acknowledge and support the unique strengths, needs and interests of the whole child while inspiring a supportive culture of safety in line with PCYC Queensland values. If this sounds like you, download our Position Description for more information.
- Qualified Educators require a Minimum Certificate III qualification in an area relevant to working with children. A range of study areas may be recognised including: behavioural science, community services, creative arts, education, nursing, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, speech pathology, sports and recreation and human welfare studies. To assess your qualification eligibility, please visit www.acecqa.com.au
- Experience working within the OSHC or long day care sector (desirable)
- Ability to respond to needs and concerns of children to ensure quality service meets agreed standards
- Desire to succeed in an amazingly supportive workplace
- Hold a current First Aid and CPR certificate (or able to obtain) (desirable)
- Hold a light rigid or medium rigid driver’s licence, eligible to obtain an RDA (if undertaking Bus Driving duties)
- Hold a Queensland Transport Driver’s Authorisation Card (if undertaking Bus Driving duties)
Please note: Working with Children Check (Blue Card) No Card, No Start and Restricted Person legislation applies. It is a mandatory requirement for all PCYC employees to have received the prescribed number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine. All PCYC employees are required to complete a National Police Check upon commencement.
PCYC is committed to achieving and supporting a diverse workforce. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as well as people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We encourage you to apply promptly as the advertisement may close early should a suitable applicant be sourced.
For more information, please contact the Area Manager, Deanne Schmitt on 0456 756 740