Your new career opportunity: Operations Process Engineer
- Inclusive work environment where people are valued and respected
- Residential role in the tight-knit town of Gladstone surrounded by iconic natural attractions
- Get ahead financially with company benefits including domestic relocation assistance and subsidised private health insurance
- Permanent full-time role working a 9-day fortnight
About the role
As our new Operations Process Engineer, you will be provided with an environment where you will be empowered and encouraged to initiate and implement short to medium term projects to improve process performance. Reporting to the Superintendent – Technical Services, you will contribute to our Safe, Stable and Sustainable vision by:
- Driving and promoting a strong safety culture in line with QAL values
- Proactively initiating improvements in personal safety and/or process safety
- Actively participating in and, where necessary coordinating, risk assessments as required
- Demonstrating advanced knowledge of complex process interactions across areas and providing recommendations in consideration of these impacts
- Actively identifying issues and containment measures or root causes of refinery impacts with effective solutions
- Actively seeking windows for maintenance based on other work in the refinery to minimise impact on production
- Proactively forecasting and communicating your area’s flow capability based on production plan
- Developing high quality plans to minimise impacts on the process from planned work in your area
- Independently developing and improving standardised tools and trends for your area to a high standard and ensuring these are utilised as a part of the normal routine
What you will bring
To be successfully considered for this role, you should have:
- A commitment to the safety of yourself and your team
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering (Process / Chemical Engineering preferred)
- Experience in an industrial processing plant preferred
- Experience in the Bayer process is desirable
- Demonstrated ability to deliver process solutions in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Proven experience troubleshooting process issues and developing technical solutions
- Excellent analytical and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer and business results focus
What’s on offer
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include:
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- Competitive salary package
- Domestic relocation assistance
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Learning and development opportunities to support your desired technical or leadership career path
- Ongoing individual wellbeing support for you and your family for personal and professional matters
Where you will be working
Gladstone is a coastal town in central Queensland with the region home to a population of approximately 64,000. The Gladstone region enjoys well-established education services, entertainment, shopping and medical facilities and is the gateway to the Southern Great Barrier Reef. If you are thinking of making a seaside change, check out what our region has to offer:
Queensland Alumina Limited (QAL) is one of the world’s largest alumina refineries, enjoying a global reputation as a leader in the minerals processing industry. QAL is focused on employee engagement, best practice technology, innovative capital solutions, benchmark maintenance and project execution whilst maintaining world class safety, quality and environmental performance.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
At QAL, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTQIA+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
You may not meet all the selection criteria we are looking for, but that doesn’t mean you are not the right fit for QAL.
You might have experience outside of these requirements that will make you a great candidate with strengths in areas that we can build on.
If you are looking for a new venture and the chance to work for a company that cares about being Safe, Stable and Sustainable, apply today.