Rockhampton Sands is a locally owned and operated company, specialising in the production and supply of quarry materials and associated services to the civil construction industry in and around the CQ Area.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and safety focused Operations Manager to join our friendly team.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Operations Manager will oversee and co-ordinate quarry operations to meet required targets, budgets and client/project requirements whilst ensuring safe work practices are implemented and enforced.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Managing, directing and mentoring operational staff to ensure efficient performance and a safe work environment is maintained.
- Co-ordinating transport functions to ensure client’s expectations are met and are conducted in accordance with legislative requirements, NHVR and fatigue management guidelines.
- Planning and scheduling production, including material/project requirements, testing schedules, manning and maintenance, in a safe and cost-effective manner and in accordance with company policies/procedures and expectations, and all relevant legislation.
- Monitoring quality control of materials including ensuring appropriate testing schedules are developed, implemented and managed, materials are within specification and standards required by the company and client, and a thorough audit trail is maintained.
- Assisting the maintenance of and monitoring compliance with, necessary operational licenses and approvals.
- Building and maintaining long term relationships and engaging with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Undertake necessary reporting for all stakeholders and ensure the flow of information is sufficient and timely.
- Identifying and developing new opportunities in existing and new projects.
- Assisting and driving implementation of continuous improvement initiatives.
What you will bring to the team:
The ideal candidate will have quarrying experience and/or worked in a similar role within the quarry or mining industry and demonstrate the following:
- Strong communication and management skills and ability to motivate teams and lead by example.
- Proven application of and understanding of quarry material production techniques and processing plant and machinery.
- Ability to supervise, monitor, and control all movements of material and plant (incoming and outgoing).
- Ability to plan and improve the production process and quality of materials produced.
- Proven performance in meeting programmed objectives within financial parameters and company requirements and regular accurate reporting.
- Experience managing multiple projects and maintaining focus on priorities.
- Ability to utilise your initiative and management skills to identify, manage and solve issues as they arise including negotiating skilfully in tough situations with both internal and external stakeholders.
- High levels of resilience and a determination to deliver successful outcomes.
- Experience in the design and implementation of safety processes, policies and procedures.
- Computing skills.
What we offer
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic and growing organisation with all the benefits of a family-owned business. Rockhampton Sands is a diverse and flexible employer that supports and values our employees and offers a strong organisational culture that encourages innovation, collaboration and accountability. The successful candidate will be offered a competitive remuneration, fully maintained company vehicle, mobile phone and laptop.
If you are ready to take an exciting step with a company that has a strong future with plenty of opportunity, then send your application with resume to email@example.com
Applications close COB Monday, 24 May 2022.