- Key leadership role with a whole-of-state focus
- Strong career development and future successor to CEO
- Leverage your extensive networks to influence Mastermyne’s success
- Brisbane or Mackay based with extensive travel to site
- Short Term Incentives Available + Vehicle / Flight benefits
About the Company:
Mastermyne is a leader in underground coal mining. Over 26 years we’ve built a reputation for setting new boundaries in performance by sharing a clear set of old-fashioned values we call The Mastermyne Way. Our business spans the East Coast of Australia with over 1000 employees working in some Australia’s richest underground coal producing regions. We’re specialists in new mine development, mine operation and all mine support services and products.
About the opportunity:
Reporting to the CEO Metarock, the Operations Manager will join an established underground coal company that’s built a strong reputation on delivering value for our employees, clients, communities and shareholders. You will lead the QLD coal operations and provide visibly leadership on a day to day basis driving excellent client and project acquisition and retention, service delivery, partnership management and maintaining successful networks across the business in QLD.
Our preferred candidate will have extensive senior leadership experience and well-established networks in the underground coal mining; helping to maintain existing works as well as open doors and secure new partnerships. Not only can our Operations Manager mingle with stakeholders at all levels, they can very quickly use their business acumen to identify a need and influence decisions. As Operations Manager, you will draw on your strong operational background and industry reputation to help guide Mastermyne to success as we navigate the significant shift in the coal sector.
- Supporting the CEO Coal Contracting in strategic planning and execution of business plans;
- Extensive travel requirements, to secure and foster strong partnerships state-wide;
- Ability to generate opportunities, review tender requirements and provide expert advice on all tender submissions;
- Establish and implement the right systems and processes to support existing projects and future growth of the QLD coal contracting operations;
- Hands-on approach to mobilise key projects as planned.
- Significant experience in operational roles, preferably in managing large-scale underground projects;
- Well-known in the coal industry for high service delivery and specialist knowledge;
- Breadth of experience across various types of projects and contract arrangements;
- Prior experience working for both a contract miner and an owner is highly desirable;
- Solutions-focussed, with the ability to understand a client’s underlying drivers;
- Continuous improvement mindset with a consultative approach to implementing changes;
- Demonstrated experience with contract values ranging from $10 – $70 million per year.
The Mastermyne “Extras”:
- 100% reimbursement for the cost of approved courses and study;
- Paid study days for university study;
- Mastermyne tailored leadership programs;
- 2 Year anniversary watch + gifts for additional years of service
- Baby Benefit: Mum’s baby bonus & Secondary Caregiver’s new arrival leave can help parents support their family;
- A Bloody Great Cause, be rewarded by Mastermyne each time you reach a Red Cross Blood Donation Milestone;
- Hospital Help, have $250 contributed towards your private health hospital excess;
- Business improvement, safety and innovation rewards;
- Family Christmas parties / Employee Christmas gifts;
- Group Income Protection Insurance, discounted premiums for Mastermyne employees;
- Salary Packaging;
- Motor Vehicle Novated Leasing;
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP), well-being assistance that’s free for all the family;
- Emergency shelter accommodation and paid domestic violence leave.
At Mastermyne our clear set of simple, but well understood values, shape our actions and behaviours, resulting in us being a company that people like to work for and people like to deal with. We have a set of non-negotiable “Keep’s” that define what we stand for and how we work The Mastermyne Way. Keep Safe. Keep On. Keep It Real. Keep Together. Keep Challenging. Read them at www.mastermyne.com.au [link removed].
For more information about this role please contact Jannah Gaviglio, Group Manager Recruitment 07 4963 0439 or 0419 612 790 or apply directly via the “Apply now” button.