At Fortescue Future Industries (FFI) we are leading the global energy transition by developing a portfolio of renewable energy and green hydrogen projects. Our large scale, low-cost hydropower, geothermal, solar and wind assets will support establishment of green energy and green product industries around the world. FFI is committed to building thriving communities by delivering social, environmental, and economic benefits.
Operations Manager - Hydrogen Production
Work location: Gladstone, QLD
Roster: Monday to Friday
- Manage daily production targets
- Develops programs, projects, goals, and metrics to lead the organization to the highest level of operational performance while optimizing working capital throughout operations
- Collaborates with teams to integrate lean hydrogen production facility
- Prepares annual budget, oversees progress, and determines actions to cost issues as necessary in order to manage operations within the budget and resources
- Report to Management on critical constraints to meet current and future demand, provide recommendation and feedback on improvement opportunities to cost, quality, safety and process
- Ensures achievement of established targets, through oversight and definition of improvement actions as needed
- Focuses on achievement of operating cash flow, on-time production and on-cost, delivery on-time and achieve specified cost reductions and increased production outputs
- Develops and executes plans to reduce non-value added costs, increase revenues, and delivering products on time with high efficiency, First Pass Yield and quality while ensuring HSE requirements are met
- Key targets - Production volume, Cost, OEE, operations and equipment downtime, HSE, etc
- Ensure production operations is adequately resourced, staffed, trained and directed
- Builds an effective, capable and high performing organization. Develops talent, appoints teams and reviews effectiveness
- Train and coach teams to improve safety, quality, process and continuous process improvement
- Drives quality improvement through target setting, monitoring and benchmarking to continuously improve processes
- Ensures operations are in compliance with applicable standards
- Drives continued improvements in productivity, delivery performance and cost optimization
- Proposes and manages the annual maintenance budget. Monitors the costs and effectiveness of activities to optimize resources and determines actions to cost issues as necessary
- Ensure all maintenance activities and asset management activities are executed as per requirements by the maintenance teams
- Collaborate with team to develop plans to improve reliability and availability of automated manufacturing and testing lines, reduce maintenance costs and equipment safety
Qualifications and skills required:
- 5 years+ experience in successful leadership of production facilities
- Demonstrated skill in managing health, safety and environment issues, assessing risks and hazards and implementing processes to manage those hazards to prevent incidents, injury and damage
- The ability to articulate the company vision and values influencing individual and group goals and management systems
- A proven track record for consistently accomplishing tasks that engenders trust with the executive
- Ability to proactively develop effective working relationships at all levels of the business and demonstrated track record of working collegiately with the operations and executive team
- Ability to problem solve and capacity to generate creative solutions utilising team or external resources to deal with organisational challenges and opportunities
- Excellent Communication, Conflict Management & Resolution skills
- Previous experience in Operations highly regarded
- Demonstrated ability to build effective relationships at all levels
- Proactive and self-motivated, with a drive for excellence
Candidates must be able to bring a flexible mindset, challenge traditional thinking, and be prepared to work outside of their comfort zone.
Our values drive our culture and performance through a strong focus on safety, family and determination. Fortescue is deeply committed to providing a safe culture that builds respect, fosters inclusiveness, and values diversity. We celebrate individual strengths and team members from all backgrounds are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work.
Our global workforce drives and promotes an inclusive culture, both within our organisation and throughout the communities we interact with across the world. Diverse backgrounds include First Nations Peoples, people with differing abilities, LGBTIQ+ community, gender, neuro diverse, cultural diversity, all age groups, and those with an intersectional or multiple diverse characteristics.
We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Fortescue reserves the right to close applications early should a suitable pool of candidates be identified