At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
If you are a self-motivated, forward thinking administration assistant who is ready to make a difference, then this is a great opportunity for you.
Reporting to the Manager Maintenance, you will join an inclusive and high performing team, where you will make a difference each day through providing outstanding support to a dynamic and engaging leadership team.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Actively identify improvement opportunities and time optimization solutions to forward plan work and ensure effectiveness of leadership team;
- Diary and email management to enable the efficient organisation and execution of daily activities;
- Preparing agendas, presentations, reports, and coordinating meeting logistics;
- Using SAP for purchasing and various other tasks;
- Event management with both internal and external stakeholders; and supporting projects and other ad hoc duties as required;
- Working closely with the Leadership team to support onboarding of new employees;
- Travel and accommodation bookings;
- Participation in field leadership;
- Expense management and reconciliation.
- Previous demonstrated experience in an administrative role;
- Strong technical proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite,
- SAP experience desirable;
- Strong attention to detail with a proactive approach to your work and multi-task while prioritizing a variety of complex tasks;
- Strong interpersonal skills are essential, allowing you to influence while also enabling you to build relationships across multiple departments;
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills and ability to communicate effectively across multiple levels across the business;
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills;
- Ability to manage competing priorities within tight timeframes and meet deadlines;
- Managing confidential and sensitive matters with diplomacy;
- Mining experience is highly valued;
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, BHP requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in line with BHP's Covid Policy and any relevant State health directives. If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.