Yancoal Australia Ltd
OPEN CUT EXAMINER/SUPERVISOR
Location: Blackwater, QLD 4717
About the Business
Family Friendly 7:7 roster
Capricorn Coast - only 2.5 hours away!
Excellent Remuneration and Benefits
Welcome to Yancoal Australia. For nearly 20 years we have been supporting the prosperity of Australia. With over 4,500 people working across our operations in New South Wales, Queensland and Western Australia, our team is made up of experts in their field. From engineers to operators, to environmentalists, surveyors, tradespeople, accountants, marketers and beyond - we are proud of our people and everything we achieve together.
Owned by Yancoal, Yarrabee is based in Blackwater QLD which is 200 km west of the Capricorn Coast. Yarrabee is a proud producer of high-quality PCI coal since 1982. We employ approximately 400 people, who are our most valuable asset and we invest in developing our management and leadership talent throughout our operations.
Yarrabee have an opportunity for an OCE/Supervisor to join the Mining team!
About the Role
Reporting to the Mining Superintendent, this position will coordinate and instruct the mining crews in relation to daily operations and to achieve a high level of production in a safe and efficient manner, ensuring the safe and productive operation of plant and equipment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide leadership and direction to a team of mining operators and step-up supervisors
- Mentoring of up-and-coming step ups
- Fostering an inclusive and positive culture
- Maintain a high level of positive safety performance and workplace culture through teamwork, personal commitment, and application of the company values
- Coordinate mining activities to optimise production
- Provide technical guidance in complex mining areas
- Highly experienced Mining Supervisor with a passion for driving performance through effective leadership
- Open Cut Examiner (OCE) qualifications are required;
- Knowledge and experience in a line leadership role;
- Demonstrated technical skills in operating various heavy mining equipment;
- Thorough understanding of individual responsibilities in relation to the Coal Mining Safety & Health Act and associated regulation
- S1, S2, S3 & G2 qualifications
- RIIENV301A - Conduct atmospheric monitoring
- Sound social process skills and the ability to effectively lead a crew;
- Demonstrated strong drive, energy and work efficiency;
- Ability to identify and eliminate hazards in the workplace;
Yancoal provides a range of benefits to appeal to the diverse needs of our employees.
The following benefits are available to eligible salaried employees:
- Corporate Subsidised Health Cover Premiums
- Salary Continuance and Life Insurance Cover
- Salary Sacrifice Options
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Education Assistance
- Service Recognition
- Paid Parental Leave Provisions
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Local Housing Allowance
- Local Sporting Allowance
If this is sounding like what you might be looking for in your next role and are keen to start an exciting new journey with us please click the Apply button.
Please note, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. We reserve the right to close the advertisement before the advertised end date and commence recruitment proceedings immediately.