About the Business
We are Australia's largest pure-play coal producer generating over $10 billion in Foreign Direct Investment; owning, operating or participating in coal mines across NSW, Queensland and Western Australia.
Location: Blackwater QLD 4717
Owned by Yancoal, Yarrabee is a proud producer of high-quality PCI coal since 1982. We employ approximately 400 people, who are our most valuable asset.
About the Role
The Open Cut Examiner / Supervisor, supported by the Production Supervisor will be required to directly supervise the mining crews in relation to daily operations and to achieve a high level of production in a safe and efficient manner. The Open Cut Examiner / Supervisor is also required to support the Site Leadership Team, and the Site Senior Executive to manage the mine in accordance with the requirements of the Coal Mining Safety and Health Act 1999, the Coal Mining Safety and Health Regulations 2001 and the Sites Health Management System.
Roster: 7:7 roster, rotating Day/Night Shift
- Thorough understanding of the QLD Coal Mining Legislation and how they pertain to individual and supervisor obligations.
- Demonstrated understanding of associated plant & machinery within the mining environment and how to apply "best" fit of same.
- Previous experience in providing leadership to effect project and operational success in an Open Cut Mining environment.
- Experienced in leading personnel in a mining environment, including prioritising tasks and allocation of same to crew members.
- Well-developed operating skills on a wide range of earthmoving equipment
- Demonstrated high level of communication, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated skills in risk awareness, hazard identification and a strong commitment to safety performance.
- Able to manage, coach and lead operators and establish an effective team.
- Able to demonstrate courage to uphold standards, policies and procedures.
- OCE Certificate (granted under the Coal Mining Act 1925 or OCE Certificate of Competency granted under the Coal Mining Safety and Health Act 1999);
- Current Open Class Drivers Licence (mandatory);
- Standard 11 Mine Induction - Surface;
- S1, S2 & S3 and G2
Yancoal provides a range of benefits to appeal to the diverse needs of our employees. The following benefits are available to eligible salaried employees:
- A vast range of retail discounts including major department stores, cinemas, restaurants
- Subsidised corporate health insurance for you and your family
- Financial assistance and study leave for relevant qualifications
- Above industry standard paid parental leave provisions
- Multiple types of flexible work arrangements
- Access to financial advice from a leading bank
- Salary Continuance and Life Insurance Cover
- Salary sacrifice options, Service recognition rewards, Employee Assistance Programs
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Local Housing Allowance
- Local Sporting Allowance
How to apply
Yancoal is an equal opportunity employer and encourage those from diverse backgrounds to apply. If this is sounding like what you might be looking for in your next role apply today to start an exciting new journey with us.
Please note, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. We reserve the right to close the advertisement before the advertised end date and commence recruitment proceedings immediately.
Applications close 5th July 2022.