About this Opportunity
- Continuing, Full Time
- School of Health, Medical and Applied Science
- CQUniversity Rockhampton Health Clinic
- Total Remuneration $85,275 to $115,291 pa (including salary of $72,059 to $97,423 plus 17% superannuation and leave loading)
Join an organisation with an unbreakable belief that quality education, training and research should be available to everyone – regardless of background, location or life circumstances.
Working at CQUniversity
CQUniversity is proud to be recognised as Australia’s most inclusive university with some of the highest ratios of students from disadvantaged, mature age, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, and first-in-family backgrounds, thereby defining itself who it embraces, rather than who it excludes.
The School of Health, Medical and Applied Sciences proudly delivers a versatile range of science and health-related courses. The CQUniversity Health Clinics are public access clinics with state-of-the-art health facilities. They allow a practical learning environment for students and a range of health services which are available to CQUniversity staff and students as well as the general public.
CQUniversity is seeking a passionate and experienced occupational therapist to support the provision of services in the occupational therapy clinic within CQUniversity’s Rockhampton Health Clinic. If you are interested in using your industry and clinical experience to enrich the learning journey of students, this position is your chance to start making a difference.
Your new role
- Delivering services appropriate to clients’ needs and available resources, using evidence-based standards in occupational therapy practice, and following occupational health and safety policies and procedures.
- Functioning as a clinical educator by providing orientation, ongoing training and feedback, assistance in the conduct of assessments, and direct supervision of students as part of their clinical practicum requirements.
You will bring to the position
- A passionate, self-motivated individual who continually shares knowledge, experience and expertise with the team to promote professional development and idea exchange.
- A continuous improver who communicates clearly and engagingly and actively promotes and drives change.
- A Masters qualification in Occupational Therapy (Desirable), however, not a requirement or potential to study towards one.
- Current registration with AHPRA, and a minimum of five years clinical experience.
- Well-developed clinical knowledge and experience in the management, teaching, and development of clinical programs (locally or internationally), knowledge of relevant occupational therapy legislation, standards, policy and procedures, and an ability to apply this knowledge.
- High-level communication skills with the demonstrated capacity to provide inspirational teaching to students in clinical education, and the ability to provide guidance to less experienced staff.
For further information about this position, please refer to the Position Description.
Apply today for a career that changes lives