A life of participation, opportunity, and choice.
We believe at the core of who we are and what’s important to us, is our people. Generous, caring, compassionate, and resilient, they embody what we do every day. A team that never stops learning or striving to make tomorrow even better than today. With us, you’ll be supported by understanding leaders who show genuine care for your journey in our organisation, in our community and beyond.
What does it look like to be an Occupational Therapist with AQ? From Graduates to Senior levels – you’ll use high quality and timely OT services to increase performance in the daily lives of students on the autism spectrum. Maximising function and participation using meaningful activities to:
- Develop and deliver strategies and programs for individuals/small groups to enhance independence in daily occupations through centre-based and outreach services.
- Provide consultative support through school meetings, telephone consultation, parent meetings and web conferencing.
- Display an understanding of contemporary methodologies in the provision of occupational therapy services to children on the autism spectrum or other developmental challenges, and their families.
- Establish and maintain effective collaborative relationships with relevant stakeholders to ensure their participation in goal setting, planning, decision making and reporting.
- Prepare and maintain assessment, observation, meeting, service data and progress records as required.
- Provide training and information for parents and other professionals in the role of occupational therapy for children and young people on the autism spectrum.
- Fresh to the industry or just starting your career in occupational therapy? The support you receive when first starting out can have a massive impact on your career. From the moment you join us, we prioritise your ongoing learning and support.
Fresh to the industry or just starting your career in occupational therapy? The support you receive when first starting out can have a massive impact on your career. From the moment you join us, we prioritise your ongoing learning and support!
While our top priority is finding people who share our genuine passion in supporting our clients, here are a few things the right person will be equipped with:
- Tertiary qualification in Occupational Therapy.
- A current registration with the Australian Health Practitioner’s Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- NDIS Worker Screening Clearance – or able to obtain.
- Working with Children Blue Card – or able to obtain.
- Proof of Covid-19 vaccination status.
- Open driver’s licence.
From health and wellness programs to professional development, we encourage our staff to strive for a better balance.
- Access up to $18,000 in Not-For-Profit salary packaging.
- Look after your health through discounts to eligible Medibank private health insurance options, with singles through to family coverage options available.
- Relocation assistance.
- Exceptional professional development opportunities to support your career growth.
- Prioritise wellbeing through a discounted Fitness Passport with access to various fitness and aquatic centres all around the country – for you AND your immediate family!
- Be part of an organisation with a practice excellence team dedicated to providing our people with clinical supervision and mentoring.
- You’ll have access to the latest research through our own research and development team.
- Gain meaningful experience through empowering autistic people, their families, carers, and the wider community.
“Building an organisation with managers who haven’t lost touch with what the purpose is makes us all work towards common goals in various parts of the business. It just feels good. It’s a positive place to be.”
APPLY NOW or connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information - we'd love to chat with you about our opportunities and your interests!
Curious About Gladstone?
Dubbed the jewel of the Southern Great Barrier Reef, the smaller industrial region prides itself on being full of surprise and unexpected experience – and great coastal views. This “engine room of Queensland” boasts iconic beaches, an ancient reef within reach and an average of 300 sunny days a year!
See what Gladstone has to offer here: http://www.riverstonerise.com.au/Content/pdfs/Gladstone%20Guide%20-%20Riverstone%20Rise.pdf