Your new career opportunity: Occupational Hygiene Advisor
- Excellent work environment where people are valued and respected
- Residential role in the tight-knit town of Gladstone surrounded by iconic natural attractions
- Get ahead financially with company benefits including fully funded relocation and subsidised private health insurance
- Permanent full-time role working a 9-day fortnight roster
About your role
QAL has an exciting opportunity in our Health & Safety department for an Occupational Hygiene Advisor to join our team supporting QAL’s Hygiene team in delivering a high-quality service to the site.
Reporting directly to the Specialist – Occupational Health & Hygiene, you will contribute to our Safe, Stable and Sustainable vision by:
- Ensuring all work is performed in accordance with site health, environmental and community policies, systems and procedures
- Conducting Occupational Hygiene Surveys to identify and confirm exposure risks
- Trialling and reviewing exposure monitoring technologies aimed at providing real-time information
- Assisting in exposure investigations and the recommendation and implementation of occupational hygiene controls (including asbestos removal from site)
- Providing technical advice on occupational hygiene related matters
- Developing and implementing sampling plans
- Analysing, interpreting and evaluating exposure data to recommend improvements aimed at health harm prevention
- Ensuring occupational hygiene documentation is current and accurate
What you will bring
To be successfully considered for this role, you should have:
- A commitment to the safety of yourself and your team
- Successfully completed, or be undertaking, postgraduate studies in Occupational Hygiene
- Minimum two years working in the Occupational Hygiene field, preferably in heavy industry
- Demonstrated experience developing, executing, and supporting site occupational hygiene programs (including monitoring, audits, investigations, risk assessments and inspections)
- An understanding of legislative requirements relating to health surveillance and occupational hygiene
- A willingness to progress towards becoming a Licensed Asbestos Assessor
- Be fully vaccinated in line with the Queensland Workers in a healthcare setting (COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements) Direction
What’s on offer
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include:
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- Competitive salary package
- Domestic relocation assistance
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Learning and development opportunities to support your desired technical or leadership career path
- Ongoing individual wellbeing support for you and your family for personal and professional matters
Where you will be working
Gladstone is a coastal town in central Queensland with the region home to a population in excess of 63,000. The Gladstone region enjoys well-established education services, entertainment, shopping and medical facilities and is the gateway to the Southern Great Barrier Reef. If you are thinking of making a seaside change, check out what our region has to offer:
Queensland Alumina Limited (QAL) is one of the world’s largest alumina refineries, enjoying a global reputation as a leader in the minerals processing industry. QAL is focused on employee engagement, best practice technology, innovative capital solutions, benchmark maintenance and project execution whilst maintaining world class safety, quality and environmental performance.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else.
At QAL, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTQ+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
If you are looking for a new venture and the chance to work for a company that cares about being Safe, Stable and Sustainable, apply today.
Applications Close: Sunday, 30th January 2022