Even if you haven’t heard of Energy Queensland you might know our operational brands ~ Energex, Ergon, Ergon Retail and Yurika.
As a group, we are growing rapidly and a key partner in the Queensland Energy and Jobs Plan (QEJP).
Do you want to help shape the future of energy and assist with advancing the energy transition towards net zero?
What you will be doing?
As a Network Operations Engineer – Emerging Technology you will develop, deploy and review policies, processes and procedures for the operation of electricity network distribution and transmission assets to ensure compliance with distribution, transmission and national electricity rules and procedures.
You have a specific focus developing, deploying, simulation and training for Lack or Reserve (LOR), Under Frequency (UFLS), Rotational Load Shedding (RLS) and Minimum System Load (MSL) and other emerging network issues, new technologies and market initiatives.
We need from you:
• Bachelor’s Degree qualifications in Engineering
• Knowledge of all aspects related to the planning, design, maintenance and operation of transmission, sub transmission and distribution power networks with particular emphasis on power system operational issues.
• Previous experience in database, and mathematical calculation packages, scripting tools and other analytic tools and the use of data for operational insights
• Ability to independently gather and organise relevant technical data and operational information and identify critical network or operational issues.
The remuneration for your new role is from $129k plus 12.75% superannuation for a 9-day fortnight and from $146k plus 12.75% superannuation for a 10-day fortnight (includes loading).
What’s on offer for you?
It’s an exciting time to join us, as we advance towards net zero.
If you want to help shape the future of energy, consider us for your next career move, where you will experience:
• Secure employment backed by a strong collective agreement, with yearly EBA increases.
• Strong superannuation of 12.75% and the ability to earn more with salary sacrifice co- contributions.
• Opportunities for skills and career advancement with access to ongoing training and leadership programs and capacity to build and grow your skills.
• Healthy work life balance on a 9-day fortnight roster, more time for you.
• A chance to give back with a paid employee volunteering program allowing our employees to support communities across QLD.
• Support and guidance with access to 24/7 Employee Assistance Program and a mentoring program for professional support and guidance.
• A Safety-First culture, the safety of our people, customers & communities is a core priority.
• Reward and recognition with an internal reward and recognition program that includes an annual celebration of excellence.
• Diversity and Inclusion where all employees can contribute towards multiple diversity and inclusion initiatives across our business
Who are we?
Energy Queensland is the group of electricity distribution, retail, and energy services businesses 100% owned by the state of Queensland. We deliver electricity across Queensland through our ‘poles and wires’ businesses Energex and Ergon Energy Network. Our retailer, Ergon Energy Retail sells this electricity to customers throughout regional Queensland. And these essential service activities are supported by a range of innovative products and services delivered through our Yurika brand.
Ready to apply:
If you are ready to help us shape the future of energy, please click APPLY incon below to be taken to the Energy Queensland Careers page. You will need a current resume and a cover letter which highlights your experience and suitability for the role.
We value the differences individuals contribute to our workforce and encourage a diverse range of applicants to apply.
Click here to view more information on diversity and inclusion at Energy Queensland.