Shape the future of energy as a Network Data Officer at Energy Queensland. Join our team for career growth, safety, inclusion, and work-life balance in either Cairns, Townsville, Mackay, Rockhampton, Toowoomba, or Newstead.
There is no better time for you to work in the Energy sector, than now.
Even if you haven’t heard of Energy Queensland you might know our operational brands - Energex, Ergon Energy Network, Ergon Energy Retail and Yurika. As a group, we are growing rapidly and as part of the Queensland Energy and Jobs Plan (QEJP), actively helping to build the Super Grid and support the 70% renewable energy target by 2032.
About the role(s):
The Network Data team within the Engineering division has opportunities for Network Data Officers to be located across several of our major office locations across Cairns, Townsville, Mackay, Rockhampton, Toowoomba, and Newstead. We are inviting applications from suitably qualified personnel. We have 1 x Permanent PP3 and 4 x Secondment / Fixed term roles in the Zone Substations team within the Network Data Department.
Reporting to Zone Substations Data Manager, the Zone Substation Network Data Officers are responsible for maintaining and improving the quality and alignment of Zone Substations data across Ergon Energy and Energex networks. You will interface with Energy Queensland’s Geographical Information Systems (GIS), Asset Management systems and other corporate databases as appropriate, including network asset planning and maintenance data and associated schematics.
The position has been evaluated as Para-Professional Grade Three (PP3). The remuneration for your new role is from $118,011 plus 12.75% super for a 9-day fortnight and from $133,353 plus 12.75% super for a 10-day fortnight. The level of payment will be subject to an assessment of the successful applicant’s knowledge, skills and competencies that are required in this position. Conditions of employment are in accordance with the Energy Queensland Union Collective Agreement 2020.
Why choose to work for us?
It’s an exciting time to join us and to be involved in the energy sector, so consider us for your next career move, where you will experience.
Our people are critical to our success, and at Energy Queensland you will experience:
- Secure employment backed by a strong collective agreement, with yearly EBA increases.
- Strong 12.75% superannuation and the ability to earn more with salary sacrifice co- contributions.
- Opportunities for skills and career advancement with access to ongoing training and leadership programs and capacity to build and grow your skills.
- Healthy work life balance on a 9-day fortnight roster, more time for you.
- A chance to give back with a paid employee volunteering program allowing our employees to support communities across QLD.
- Support and guidance with access to 24/7 Employee Assistance Program and a mentoring program for professional support and guidance.
- A Safety-First culture, the safety of our people, customers & communities is a core priority.
- Reward and recognition with an internal reward and recognition program that includes an annual celebration of excellence.
- Diversity and Inclusion where all employees can contribute towards multiple diversity and inclusion initiatives across our business.
- Grow professionally with full access to LinkedIn Learning
- Need wheels? Salary sacrifice options available for novated leases for personal use.
You'll need a minimum of an Advanced Diploma of Engineering (Electrical or relevant discipline). In addition to your educational qualification, a diploma in GIS or knowledge of zone substations data structures and standards is desirable. You'll work with others to achieve project goals and accurately update lines data. Your diligence and attention to detail are crucial to ensure that all information is up-to-date and complies with regulations and standards. You possess excellent communication skills and will be a vital team member in collaborating, building relationships, and motivating others to perform.
Energy Queensland is the group of electricity distribution, retail, and energy services businesses 100% owned by the state of Queensland. We deliver electricity across Queensland through our ‘poles and wires’ businesses Energex and Ergon Energy Network. Our retailer, Ergon Energy Retail sells this electricity to customers throughout regional Queensland. And these essential service activities are supported by a range of innovative products and services delivered through our Yurika brand.
How to Apply:
If you have any questions or need assistance during the application process, please contact Brad Gisler, 0402 451 580.
For more information about this role, click the “Position Description” link.
Applications will close at 5pm, Thursday 7th December 2023.
We value the differences individuals contribute to our workforce and encourage a diverse range of applicants to apply.
Click here to view more information on diversity and inclusion at Energy Queensland.