Bowen Rail Company is growing, and we have an exceptional position available within our team. We’re seeking a result driven Network Control Supervisor to be part of Queensland’s next-generation rail business based within the beautiful Whitsunday Region.
The Network function delivers train services safely and reliably, in a consistent manner. As the Network Control Supervisor, you will be responsible to effectively manage the safety and security of the Carmichael Rail Network (CRN) and function of the railway.
As our successful candidate you will have demonstrated experience in the following:
- Set the standard for safety at Bowen Rail Company. Demonstrate visible safety leadership in line with the values.
- Identify, develop, and implement safety KPI’s for the Network Control Centre.
- Provide leadership to all personnel in the Network Control Centre, developing and promoting an environment that encourages safety.
- Manage the safety of the CRN by ensuring that all stakeholders comply with all rules, policies, standards, and legislative requirements.
- Promote, supervise, and maintain effective communications with internal stakeholders, adjoining infrastructure managers, above rail operators and maintenance personnel.
- Ensure the effective application of all train paths and possessions within the network to deliver business outcomes.
- Coordinate all incidents and investigations in a safe, effective, and efficient manner.
- Ensure all Network performance reporting is undertaken to support business and legislative requirements.
- Coordinate all employee support needs including (but not limited to) training, performance measures, mentoring, leave and development.
Ideally, you will also have the following:
- SARC - Safely Access the Rail Corridor (Nationally Accredited)
- RIW Card (Rail Industry Worker Identification)
- Certificate IV in Rail Network Control or equivalent
- 10+ years’ experience in Train Control and/or Train Control Supervisory/Management positions.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and professional presentation skills.
- Computer proficient (Advanced Microsoft Office, systems)
- Ability to commute across Bowen Rail Company site locations to support operational requirements.
- Cert IV Trainer & Assessor
- ICAM or equivalent Incident Management Training Qualification
- Auditing qualifications
In return you will be rewarded with:
- The opportunity of a lifetime to be part of a new rail business in Queensland
- A company that invests in you and your career development
- Competitive remuneration package including remote area housing salary sacrifice
- Relocation Assistance
- Work/Life harmony to enjoy your leisure time surrounded by the beautiful Whitsundays
The role is based in Bowen, North Queensland.
About Bowen Rail Company
The Bowen Rail Company is Queensland’s next-generation rail business, created to transport Queensland’s high-quality resources for export to the world.
As our name suggests, the business is head-quartered in Bowen, North Queensland, drawing on the highly skilled rail and resources sector expertise that resides in our region. We are committed to employing values aligned Whitsunday region locals. Bowen Rail Company is guided by a senior leadership team with more than 150 years combined experience in the rail and resources industry, as well as new-to-rail industry recruits.
For more information visit www.bowenrail.com.au
Please APPLY NOW and submit your application to our careers site
Applications close: 14th of February 2023.