NDIS Support Coordinator
Access Recreation are looking for a highly experienced Support Coordinator who can hit the ground running.
We have a rewarding position available that provides clients real choice and control of their NDIS plan.
- Full-Time opportunity
- Assist clients to access the life they want
- Join an inclusive organisation with an exceptional work culture
About the business
Access Recreation is a well-established not for profit organisation that provides quality supports to people with a disability in the Rockhampton Region. We have been providing ongoing quality support to people with a disability since 1989. Access Recreation offers a wide range of services to people with a disability so they can lead more meaningful, independent, and satisfying lives through the development of personal, leisure and social skills.
About the role
This position is crucial within the organisation and is suited to an experienced and highly organised individual who has a passion for helping others.
The Support Coordinator will play a fundamental role in implementing participant’s plans and linking them with supports and services that will enable them to achieve their goals.
You will be responsible for conducting the intake and referral process for NDIS eligible participants, as well as the support with the management of their NDIS plan and budget. Using your natural communication skills, you will continually build your internal and external networks to assist in coordinating the right supports for your participants.
Confidentiality, excellent organisational skills and attention to detail are important attributes for this position.
To be successful in the role you will need:
- Previous experience in community services, disability employment services, mental health services or similar
- Completed tertiary qualifications in Social Work or Community Services is desirable
- Assisting clients and their formal supports (families/carers/guardians) to understand their NDIS plan and associated processes
- Engaging and coordinating service providers on behalf of clients and linking clients to relevant providers and services in accordance with individual NDIS plans
- Knowledge and understanding of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) and relevant policies and procedures
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and experience writing reports and analysing data.
- Familiarity & strong connections with disability, mainstream and community networks
- A positive attitude
- Hold a current: Blue Card, Worker Screening/Yellow Card & First Aid
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Full QLD Driver's License & Own car with at least third-party insurance
Why Work for Us?
When you join Access Recreation you will experience a vibrant, values driven organisation where the people we support are at the centre of everything we do. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the continued growth and success of our ever-growing organisation.
Access Recreation has a flexible family friendly workplace that values its employees. In return for your skills and experience you will receive a competitive remuneration package plus generous salary sacrifice packaging of up to $15,900 to significantly increase your take home pay.
Application close: Sunday 25th September 2022
For further information or to obtain a full position description, contact Darlene Lothian HR Manager on 07 4922 7151 or email@example.com