Australian Carers is an organisation borne out of the urgent need to fill the gap of NDIS providers that are not participant focused. We operate from a person centered, strengths based approach providing quality support and consistency for our clients and staff.
Australian Carers are a nationally registered multi-state NDIS provider, registered for all levels of Support Coordination (Support Connection, Support Coordination, Specialist Support Coordination)
We believe in the empowerment of our clients- operating fully from the position of clients choice and control. We are a proud NDIS registered provider and believe in working in collaboration with our clients in order to achieve their unique and individual goals.
Due to constant growth and expansion, multiple roles are potentially available
The role is office based, situated in our newly fitted out modern office in Rockhampton with onsite staff parking
Tasks & responsibilities
- The successful candidate will utilise their extensive NDIS knowledge to support clients to build their capacity and connections within the community and broader systems of support
- Support Coordinators will assist clients with NDIS plan implementation and will work with clients to increase their understanding of NDIS plan funding and its purpose.
- Support Coordinators will assist clients when required during times of NDIS plan review or change of circumstance. The successful candidate will assist clients in the identification of supports working to establish and with implementing those support for clients.
- Establishment of a strong professional network- building and developing relationships leading to growth and progression towards organisational outcomes.
- A continued dedication to professional development is required, with the ability to utilise established professional connections to promote client and organisational growth.
Qualifications & experience
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport and relationships.
- Previous experience in Support Coordination role is a must
- Acknowledgement of scope of practice with openness to supervision.
- Understand professional boundaries
- An ability to work under time pressures
- Familiarity with time billing
- Ability to access networks and build portfolio
- Highly desirable - relevant tertiary education to human services field.
- Great attention to detail
Please attach resume and cover letter addressed to Reg Vitnell including the names of 2 professional referees.
Do not apply via Seek. Please email application ( Cover letter and CV )
directly to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning the Seek advertisement
As an organisation, we are committed to protecting children, young people and vulnerable adults. All staff are required to work within our code of conduct and undergo relevant pre-employment checks.
Any enquiries please contact - 137777
Aboriginal Torres Islander Australians and people living with disability are encouraged to apply.
Australian Carers believe in a personalised approach to recruitment and do not require assistance from third parties at this time
- Australian Carers Values include: Honesty | Integrity | Inclusion | Equality
- Excellent salary whilst making a difference | we care about staff and clients
- Supportive team environment | flexibility negotiable | training available