BUILD A DEEPER CAPABILITY
Thiess are offering permanent opportunities for Multi-skilled Operators to join our Lake Vermont Mine based in Dysart. Immediate start!
Since 2007, our team has delivered mining excellence at Lake Vermont with uncompromising safety and environmental standards. We’re looking forward to continuing our long-term relationship with Jellinbah Group during our 5-year contract effective January 2022.
Lake Vermont Mine is based 19kms north of Dysart in the Bowen Basin.
What’s In It For You?
- Fortnightly pay $4,428 - $5,394 (excl. Super) skill level dependant
- Individual Performance/Coal Target Bonus payable up to $4000 every six months (conditions apply)
- Retention Bonus payable up to $5000 per annum (conditions apply)
- Permanent Thiess shirt from commencement (not via our labour hire partners)
- An easy 15-minute bus from camp to site! Cut down on your travel time
- Training and development opportunities to advance your career!
- A pleasing 7/7 roster
- 12.5hr days & nights
- BIBO option available from Mackay, Yeppoon & Rockhampton
- $5,000 refer a mate bonus! Join us and refer your friends to earn more!
- Salary sacrifice options – flights & novated leasing
- A range of corporate discounts including health insurance (Medibank), travel & retail products
- A proactive attitude with the desire to work reliably as part of a world-class team to deliver excellence for our clients
- A genuine interest in building a career with Thiess
- Prior experience operating production mining equipment on a mine site
- Verified machinery skills list (training transcripts), signed by SSE
- Current Standard 11
- Current drivers licence
- Relevant coal mining certifications
- A commitment to a positive safety culture
- Alignment to our principles: Integrity, Accountability, Innovation & Delivery
We partner with our clients to deliver excellence in open cut and underground mining in Australia, Asia, Africa and the Americas. For more than 80 years, we’ve operated in diverse commodities, geologies, environments and cultures. Our team uses that insight to optimise solutions for each project and create lasting value for our clients and the communities we live and work in.
We’re committed to safe, healthy and respectful workplaces. A place where everyone matters
We welcome and celebrate the differences and similarities among people including gender, identity, ethnicity, race, heritage, sexual orientation, disability, age, culture, religion, language, appearance, parental status and education.
Should you require assistance to apply for this job because of disability or special needs, please contact us here.
Register Your Interest Today
This role is an opportunity to take the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join Thiess.