BUMA Australia is growing! We currently operate 5 sites across Queensland with strong plans for expansion.
Everything we do is underpinned by our vision – to be a leading mining service provider contributing to future energy solutions and is supported by our core values of safety, integrity, innovation, collaboration and people.
Greenfield – Burton Mine Complex
BUMA Australia have been awarded the contract to develop and mine several satellite pits that are near the old Burton Mine and our existing Broadmeadow Mine operation. Coal extracted at these satellite pits will be transported and processed through the Burton CHPP and railed from the onsite Train Load Out facility. Burton coal is world renowned for it’s high-quality coking coal and is well sought after in the global export markets.
The scope of works includes statutory management of the mining operations, clearing, grubbing and topsoil removal, drill and blast, load and haul of coal and waste, dump management and progressive rehabilitation works. BUMA Australia is currently building a Training Hub at the Burton Complex to enable training of new to industry and upskilling our existing operators.
As BUMA Australia grows, we are seeking full time Multi-Skilled Production Operators to join our team. Our fleet at Burton comprises a combination of Caterpillar 789C trucks and Hitachi EX3600 excavators. If you are looking for an opportunity to join a great team and have experience with any of the below, we would love to hear from you!
- Dozer Operators – D10T, D11T or equivalent
- Grader Operators – 16M or equivalent
- Truck Operators – Mechanical truck – 789C or equivalent
- Water Cart Operators – 777 or equivalent
- Excavator Operators – EX3600 or equivalent
Working at BUMA
BUMA Australia is a people focused business, with a strong focus on safety, training, development and continuous improvement. As a BUMA employee at Burton you will have access to;
- 7/7 Roster, working hours are 12hr 20mins for the first 6 shifts and 10hrs on the 7th shift to assist employees in traveling home within fatigue hours.
- Annualised weekly pay
- Camp accommodation (10 minutes from site) - employee couple rooms available on request
- Training and development program
- Company provided bus from Mackay to camp at start and end of shift
- Pool and gym facilities
- Open and honest relationship with the management team through weekly toolbox meetings
- Employee financial, lifestyle and health benefits, discounted car rentals, salary sacrifice options such as personal leave, superannuation, novated leasing and an Employee Assistance Program
To be considered for this opportunity please click “Apply Now” to submit your application!
All final applicants for this position will be asked to consent to a police check. Please note that people with criminal records are not automatically barred from applying for this position. Each application will be considered on its merits.