- Global leader of commercial & industrial explosives and fertilisers
- MPU Operators required across various sites in the Bowen Basin – Permanent Positions
- Even time working roster 7:7 & camp accommodation OR Housing Provided to live locally in Blackwater or Emerald
- Salary package approximately $150,000 plus excellent benefits
Dyno Nobel, a wholly owned subsidiary of Incitec Pivot Limited, is a global leader in the commercial explosives industry. We provide blasting solutions and quality explosives products throughout North America and Australia, as well as selected customers predominately within the Asia Pacific region. Due to continued results and world leading innovation, customers in the mining, quarry, construction, pipeline and geophysical exploration industries choose Dyno Nobel.
It is essential that the successful candidates demonstrate operational experience as an MPU Operator a sound background in a mining environment. The successful candidates will have the flexibility to work across two sites and be willing to do the occasional night shift (additional allowance paid on nightshift). Other requirements include:
- HR Driver’s License (essential)
- (DGDL highly regarded)
- RII Qualification in Mixing Explosives (essential)
- Current Queensland Security Card Clearance (essential)
- Standard 11 (desirable)
- High Risk Forklift Licence (desirable)
- Demonstrated compliance with safety, and a good knowledge and understanding of safety systems
- Excellent communication skills, supportive team member with a positive attitude
- Flexibility and ability to prioritise blasting schedules and operational duties
- Good computer literacy, and aptitude to learn and use site specific software
Candidates may be required to provide evidence of their COVID-19 vaccination status depending on government and customer requirements (role/location dependent).
This is your opportunity to be part of a growing organisation where you can have an impact on the change and future vision.
Benefits to you
- We are a team based on trust, collaboration, and respect
- Outstanding training and career development opportunities
- An above market attractive salary package is offered
- Housing Provided to live locally in Blackwater or Emerald
- Annual Salary Increases
- Confidential employee assistance program (Counselling sessions for you and your family annually if required)
- Mental Health and Well-being program
- Discounted Apple / Microsoft / Dell computer products
- Travel / Car Hire Discounts
- Access to discounted Corporate Health Fund
Feel free to mention this opportunity through your networks to likeminded people who have the above skills/experience.
A little more about us
At the heart of Incitec Pivot and Dyno Nobel’s culture is business excellence and we seek like-minded individuals who treat the business as their own and who strive to challenge and improve the status quo, focusing on improving productivity whilst maintaining zero harm for everyone, everywhere.
The culture of safety is paramount, and you will play an integral part in promoting Health Safety & Environment (HSE) procedures to ensure Zero Harm at all times. You will also be familiar with modern safety practices as well as have the ability to pass a pre-employment medical assessment (including a drug and alcohol screen).
We support diversity in the workplace; women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.
Dyno Nobel and Incitec Pivot Limited is a proud member of the Diversity Council of Australia and Male Champions of Change and holds a State Chair position on the National Association of Women in Operations.