We are looking for a Mobile Plant Operator to join our hardworking team at our Calliope Limestone quarry, 20 minutes west of Gladstone, Central Queensland (Charters Crossing Road, Taragoola, QLD). Reporting to the Production Supervisor, Mobile Plant Operators are responsible for preparing machines for operation, loading and unloading equipment, change and operate special attachments under the direction of supervisors in a safe and responsible manner. Mobile Plant Operators conduct the activities that enable us to extract limestone and process it into various products ready for sale to our customers.
- Select, change, and operate special attachments such as winches, scrub clearers, rippers, pile drivers and rock-breaking hammers.
- Work from drawings and markers under the direction of supervisors and engineers.
- Back-fill trenches.
- Break up paving, rock and similar material by operating hydraulic or pneumatic breakers.
- Excavate or scrape earth, rock or rubble to the correct level and alignment.
- Load trucks with excavated fill.
- Drive machines to and from worksites.
- Pursue excellence in work performance and contribute to improving team safety, quality of output and productivity.
- Complete Risk Assessments and/or Job Start Checks are completed prior to starting tasks.
- Ensure pre-start checks are performed for all equipment being used, document and report any defects to site management.
- Follow established Standard Operating Procedure (SOPs). Identify hazards and report them to the Safety & Environment Coordinator and/or Site Manager.
- Competently operate plant and equipment in a safe manner and maintain good work area housekeeping.
- Be flexible in acceptance of task allocation, utilise plant and equipment optimally to minimise waste and meet required production targets and site KPIs.
- Communicate deviations from expected plant throughput and product quality to the Production Superintendent and the team. Remove and control product outside of specifications and provide guidance to other operators as required.
- Participate in Shift Team Performance Meetings and contribute to required task, shift and site reporting.
- Provide and receive feedback by conducting and participating in regular safety observations.
- Inform the Maintenance Superintendent of any breakdown, maintenance required or of any spares/consumables when running low or out of stock.
- Assist with plant maintenance when required and authorised through permit to work system.
- All employees are expected to complete other tasks, training and development activities and participate in company programs as required by the Company.
As the successful candidate, you have:
- Mobile Plant Certificate III in Surface Extraction (or equivalent) Competencies required by the site in line with the relevant Enterprise Agreement.
- Three years’ experience in a comparable like position.
- Working at heights, forklift, excavator and front-end loader qualifications desirable.
- Demonstrated proficiency in safe plant and equipment operation.
- Basic maintenance and lubrication knowledge for required plant and equipment.
- Demonstrated commitment to maintaining a safe working environment.
- Risk assessment and hazard control skills.
- Ability to work within a team.
- Able to cope with the physical demands of the job.
Please submit your application to email@example.com before 30th November 2023.