Make your mark with Thiess
Everyday, all around the world, Thiess supports and celebrates our people. We recognise talent and reward transparency. We champion diversity and embrace change.
Join us. Hone your skills and develop new ones. Take on big challenges and grow, through mentorship, collaboration and empowerment.
Thiess is the place to make things happen.
About the role
We are seeking experienced Mobile Heavy Equipment Fitter to work collaboratively to deliver high-quality environmental solutions and results at Pembroke Resource’s new autonomous project in the Bowen Basin - the Olive Downs Complex.
Pembroke Resource’s Olive Downs Complex is a greenfield project located 40 kilometres South-East of Moranbah, which commenced mining operations in mid-2023. Thiess has been awarded a five-year contract to deliver full-service mining operations, including mine planning overburden removal, drill and blast, load and haul, water management and rehabilitation as well as the construction of the mine infrastructure.
By joining our team, you will have the opportunity to be a part of a new workforce that is focused on developing a strong performance culture and one that values everyone’s contribution equally. As a Mobile Heavy Equipment Fitter, you will be required to:
- Maintain mobile plant safely and efficiently in line with Thiess and Industry standards
- Excellent diagnostic, fault finding, troubleshooting and preventative maintenance skills
As the successful applicant, you’ll be a high-achieving team-focused individual who enjoys delivering results in a dynamic environment. Your exceptional relationship-building skills coupled with your ability to engage and collaborate effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders will also ensure your success in this role.
- Mechanical trade qualification
- Enthusiastic attitude & high performing work ethic
- Proven experience in a similar role in heavy industry or construction
- Current Drivers Licence
- Current Standard 11
What Thiess can do for you
- Annual salary up to $163,450 inclusive of super (subject to relevant experience)
- Even time roster of 7/7 and 12hr days/nights on offer to provide a balanced lifestyle
- Access to fully funded flights from Brisbane to Moranbah or Mackay
- BIBO from Mackay & Moranbah
- Permanent full-time positions
- Thiess’ commitment to ongoing training & development as part of delivering a modern autonomous mine
- Health & well-being rewards program through AIA Vitality
- Salary sacrifice options – flights and novated leasing
- Individual flexibility arrangements on offer - (Live Local, FIFO or DIDO)
- Range of corporate discounts including health insurance (Medibank), travel & retail products.
Thiess works with clients in Australia, Asia and the Americas in the dynamic field of open-cut and underground mining.
The pioneering spirit of our founders – the legendary Thiess brothers – is our legacy and inspires our vision to harness the power of people and technology to drive sustainable change.
At Thiess, you will have the opportunity to play a part in the global energy transition. We are growing our commodities portfolio to include metals and minerals critical to the energy transition and developing services to enable sustainable mining.
We’re creating a culture of curiosity, knowledge-sharing, and continuous learning – supporting our people to contribute to Thiess’ success and continued growth in sustainable mining.
We’ll support you to hone your skills and develop new ones, take on challenges and grow, through mentorship, collaboration and empowerment. We offer our people ongoing technical training and development opportunities so they can reach their full potential. We also invest in the workforce of the future, with a range of programs for people starting their careers.
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision of everyone matters always. We’re focused on creating an inclusive environment to enable our people to bring their best self to work because they feel safe, included and empowered.
Learn more http://thiess.com/makeyourmark.
Should you require assistance applying for this opportunity, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to take the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join Thiess.
Thiess follows a Pre-Employment Process for all successful applicants, which includes two employment references, a National Police Check and a medical assessment. These checks are essential to your application, and your recruiter will support you through the process.
To apply for this role, please click the ‘Apply’ button or the link below.
The Strong & Sustainable Resource Communities Act 2017 principles apply to this position.