Make your mark with Thiess
Everyday, all around the world, Thiess supports and celebrates our people. We recognise talent and reward transparency. We champion diversity and embrace change.
Join us. Hone your skills and develop new ones. Take on big challenges and grow, through mentorship, collaboration and empowerment.
Thiess is the place to make things happen.
About the role
Thiess is currently seeking a Mining Superintendent to join our Lake Vermont Project, located 19km north of Dysart.
As our next Mining Superintendent, reporting to the Mining Manager, you will lead the production teams to achieve outstanding results in safety, culture and productivity while mentoring Mining Supervisors to build team effectiveness and project performance.
- Deliver individual and team production targets through a cooperative approach with the workforce
- Promote and maintain a collaborative, safe and value driven culture within the workforce
- Coach and mentor the Mining Supervisors for continuous improvement and personal development
- Ensure that we are a plan driven organisation and that will foster a strong relationship with the technical services team to achieve the required outputs
Your previous experience as a Mining Superintendent in an open cut coal operation will be complemented by your planning, people management and staff development skills. Advanced leadership skills are essential for this position, as are strong computer skills, financial acumen and contractual awareness.
Key requirements for the role are;
- Proven experience as a Mining Superintendent
- Open-cut coal mining experience
- Substantial operating experience
- Strong leadership & communication skills
What Thiess can do for you
- 8/6 roster on offer to provide a balanced lifestyle
- Access to fully funded flights from Brisbane to Moranbah
- Individual flexibility arrangements on offer - (Live Local, FIFO or DIDO)
- Thiess’ commitment to ongoing training & development as part of delivering a modern autonomous mine
- Health & well-being rewards program through AIA Vitality
- Salary sacrifice options – flights and novated leasing
- Range of corporate discounts including health insurance (Medibank), travel & retail products.
Thiess works with clients in Australia, Asia and the Americas in the dynamic field of open-cut and underground mining.
The pioneering spirit of our founders – the legendary Thiess brothers – is our legacy, and inspires our vision to harness the power of people and technology to drive sustainable change.
At Thiess, you will have the opportunity to play a part in the global energy transition. We are growing our commodities portfolio to include metals and minerals critical to the energy transition, and developing services to enable sustainable mining.
We’re creating a culture of curiosity, knowledge-sharing, and continuous learning – supporting our people to contribute to Thiess’ success and continued growth in sustainable mining.
We’ll support you to hone your skills and develop new ones, take on challenges and grow, through mentorship, collaboration and empowerment. We offer our people ongoing technical training and development opportunities so they can reach their full potential. We also invest in the workforce of the future, with a range of programs for people starting their careers.
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision of everyone matters always. We’re focused on creating an inclusive environment to enable our people to bring their best self to work because they feel safe, included and empowered.
Learn more http://thiess.com/makeyourmark
For more information, please contact Jennifer Hind– Senior Talent Acquisition Advisor on firstname.lastname@example.org
Thiess follows a Pre-Employment Process for all successful applicants, which includes two employment references, a National Police Check and a medical assessment. These checks are essential to your application, and your recruiter will support you through the process.