You want to challenge the status quo. That's why we want you.
CORONADO GLOBAL RESOURCES is one of the world's largest producers of high-quality metallurgical coal. Through our market-leading technology and processes, we operate some of the safest, cleanest and lowest-cost mines in the industry.
Curragh Mine, location in the township of Blackwater, is one of the largest open-cut coal mines in the Queensland Bowen Basin. Curragh produces more than 12 million tonnes of coal per year with a mining fleet which includes 4 large draglines. Coal is mined from two mining areas and washed through two large plants with several different metallurgical products produced.
About the Role
Leading a small team of experienced OCE Supervisors, you will be responsible for monitoring and working collaboratively with our contracting partners to achieve the operational requirements across mine water management, mine training coordination and project management within our Curragh Main Mining Department.
This role will be varied and rewarding and will include:
- Leading the mine services team and provide support to the Curragh Main mining department to consistently deliver and strive for high performance outcomes through our contracting partners
- Actively lead a safe and healthy working environment through compliance to the SHMS and other relevant requirements including the S55 Management Structure
- Overseeing and ensuring the operation's impact on the environment is managed in accordance with the Curragh EMS.
- Managing all activities in the Curragh mining areas through our contracting partners to ensure the required water management is achieved at the lowest possible sustainable cost to meet the mines production needs.
- Defining and establishing metrics around water mine management in line with best practice and operating requirements.
- Managing, coordinating and reporting on project management initiatives to drive efficiencies and business outcomes
- Playing an active role in the mine planning process and ensuring water management requirements are clearly defined and understood within the mine planning process.
- Lead by example, set clear expectations, review work regularly, provide meaningful feedback,
- Strive for continuous improvement in work practices and foster a climate of positive change
Key to your success will be:
- Proven experience in a similar role with demonstrated experience in Mine Services and Compliance.
- Proven leadership experience in an open cut mining operation.
- OCE qualifications highly desierable
- Business improvement, innovation and problem-solving capability;
- Commercial acumen, project management and analytical skills;
Success in this role will be measured by your ability to develop strong relationships with internal and external customers, along with your ability to support the team in an environment that encourages proactivity and a continuous improvement focus.
What We Offer
This is a unique opportunity for a rewarding leadership role with one of the world's largest metallurgical coal producers.
Coronado offers industry competitive rates and you will have the opportunity to join an enthusiastic and talented group of professionals.
Coronado Curragh values collaboration, taking accountability, respect for each other and striving for excellence in all that we do. We are an inclusive employer who values and respond to innovation and we encourage and recognise employee contributions and ideas. We reward our people's effort and performance.
This is a site based role working a Monday - Friday Roster
Have you got what it takes?
Closing date 25th May 2022