We are currently seeking an experienced Mining Manager to lead and manage our mining production team on the Curragh Mining Project located near Blackwater in Queensland. Reporting to the General Manager Mining, the successful candidate will have demonstrated capability in managing both mining engineering and production aspects on a coal mining site such that project objectives for both Golding and our client are achieved.
The successful candidate will work a DIDO or FIFO Monday to Friday roster or alternatively relocate to the region. Camp accommodation or housing will be supplied as is applicable.
Key Role Tasks:
- Implement, monitor and manage the application of Golding and Client production and engineering systems that apply to the project;
- Maintain constructive relationships with Client representative and other key project stakeholders to benefit Golding;
- Establish resources for your team according to the estimate and contractual variations;
- Authorise crew numbers and skill requirements to achieve project objectives;
- Resolve conflicting demands for resources across your teams;
- Manage systems to identify divergence from contract scope and resolve interpretation issues with the Client or escalate unresolved issues to your Manager;
- Participate in SHEC audits, inspections and observations to demonstrate visible safety leadership and sound audit practice;
- Manage the generation of, review and authorisation of all SHEC incident investigations required within your scope of responsibility, such that they are to an acceptable standard with logical analysis, conclusions and recommendations;
- Develop Role Summaries and Performance Plans with appropriate measures and levels of authority for all team members;
- Implement measures to sustain and improve the performance of your team to deliver effective and efficient work outcomes; and
- Prepare and present all plans, budgets, forecasts and reports required for your role in a timely and accurate fashion.
Key Capability Requirements:
- Experience in managing both mining engineering and production staff on a coal mining operation in Australia is essential;
- Tertiary qualifications in a related engineering field are highly preferred;
- Demonstrated history of successfully achieving safety and production objectives;
- Ability to implement necessary operational change founded on detailed analysis of production, safety, financial and other data;
- Strong commercial and financial skills; and
- Demonstrated ability in working and contributing positively as a member of a project leadership team to achieve high performance outcomes.
Please apply online below.
Golding is an equal opportunity employer.