Make your mark with Thiess
Everyday, all around the world, Thiess supports and celebrates our people. We recognise talent and reward transparency. We champion diversity and embrace change.
Join us. Hone your skills and develop new ones. Take on big challenges and grow, through mentorship, collaboration and empowerment.
Thiess is the place to make things happen.
About the role
We are seeking an experienced Mining Engineer to design and develop plans and schedules for the mining operation at our Lake Vermont coal project.
Working an 8/6 roster and reporting to the Senior Mining Engineer, your duties will include:
- Development of short-term design plans and schedules for the mining operation.
- Assist with the development and improvement of mine planning guidelines for autonomous operations.
- Reconciliation of actuals against mine plan, assumptions and benchmarks.
- Verify the accuracy of operational data captured.
- Analyse operational data and propose improvements.
- Assist Senior Engineer in the management of the weekly dig/dump plans in consultation with Mining Superintendents and Supervisors.
- Ensure implementation and compliance with the Weekly Plan and site Safety Health and Environmental management systems to ensure safe and sustainable operations.
- Assist with the daily, weekly and Monthly reporting against KPIs and budgets.
As a successful applicant, you’ll be a high-achieving, team-focused individual who enjoys delivering results in a dynamic environment. Your exceptional relationship-building skills coupled with your ability to engage and collaborate effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders will also ensure your success in this role.
- Tertiary qualifications in Mining Engineering
- Previous demonstrated experience in an Open-Cut mining environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills are essential
- Experience with Vulcan or other mine design software.
- Scheduling experience (spry or another package) will be highly regarded.
- Minestar and autonomy experience will be highly regarded.
- A commitment to the best practice of health, safety environment, and community at all times
- Competitive salary package
- Site allowance
- 8/6 roster
- FIFO from Brisbane, DIDO allowance or living out of camp allowance
- Help you develop your skills in engineering and mine planning
- Help to grow your career, offering diverse and varied opportunities for advancement
- World-class health & wellbeing programs
- Salary sacrifice options
- A range of corporate discounts, including health insurance (Medibank), travel & retail products
Thiess works with clients in Australia, Asia and the Americas in the dynamic field of open-cut and underground mining.
The pioneering spirit of our founders – the legendary Thiess brothers – is our legacy, and inspires our vision to harness the power of people and technology to drive sustainable change.
At Thiess, you will have the opportunity to play a part in the global energy transition. We are growing our commodities portfolio to include metals and minerals critical to the energy transition, and developing services to enable sustainable mining.
We’re creating a culture of curiosity, knowledge-sharing, and continuous learning – supporting our people to contribute to Thiess’ success and continued growth in sustainable mining.
We’ll support you to hone your skills and develop new ones, take on challenges and grow, through mentorship, collaboration and empowerment. We offer our people ongoing technical training and development opportunities so they can reach their full potential. We also invest in the workforce of the future, with a range of programs for people starting their careers.
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision of everyone matters always. We’re focused on creating an inclusive environment to enable our people to bring their best self to work because they feel safe, included and empowered.
Learn more http://thiess.com/makeyourmark
Should you require assistance applying for this opportunity, please contact us at email@example.com
How to Apply
This role is an opportunity to take the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role, please click the ‘Apply’ button or the link below.
Thiess follows a Pre-Employment Process for all successful applicants, which includes two employment references, a National Police Check and a medical assessment. These checks are essential to your application, and your recruiter will support you through the process.