We have created a new opportunity for a Mine Superintendent to join the team at our East End mine in Mt Larcom in the Gladstone region. Reporting to the Mine Manager, you will be the alternate Site Senior Executive (SSE) and be an active leader on the site team.
The intent of this opportunity is for you to develop the skills and knowledge you need to progress to the Mine Manager position. You will have the opportunity to further develop your leadership capability and hone your operational and stakeholder engagement skills. As you grow, we envisage you will take on more strategic responsibilities.
About the role:
In this role you will:
- In partnership with the Mine Manager, manage East End Mine to ensure compliance to Queensland Mine and Quarry act and SSE responsibilities.
- Act as mine SiteSenior Executive, in absence of the Mine Manager
- Lead from the front to promote good SHEQ behaviours and challenge non-compliance. Ensure good housekeeping, environmental and community consideration is maintained
- Provide oversight to day to day work responsibilities of the mining team
- Lead and manage the onsite drill and blast contractor
- Lead and manager the mines quality management to ensure targets are met
- Participate in monthly cost forecasting sessions
- Responsible for short, medium and long term operational mine planning
- Contribute to and occasionally lead CAPEX projects
- Lead and seek operational and production improvement opportunities for both fixed and mobile assets
- In partnership with the Mine Manager, lead, recruit and develop the people resources of the site to ensure maximum employee productivitivity
- Qualifications in Mining Engineering, Geology or other related area
- Experience as a Mining Engineer, Geologist or related role at a Mine or Quarry (preferred)
- Leadership skills combined with experience managing a team in mining/manufacturing
- A focus on safety and environment with demonstrated commitment to these areas
- Well developed written and verbal communication, demonstrated by your excellent stakeholder and community engagement
- Site Senior Executive certification (over 20 people) or eligibility to obtain
- Ability and willingness to live locally in the Gladstone region
Why work for Cement Australia?
- Opportunity to progress to Mine Manager
- Stable, long term operations in key regional location
- Join an organisation where you can make a difference at our largest integrated operations
- Enjoy a the lifestyle of living in a regional coastal location
- Salary package that includes bonus potential
- Benefits include novated leasing, product discounts, EAP program and parental leave
An icon of the Australian cement industry, Cement Australia is the nation’s leading supplier of cementitious products and services. Whilst cement is in the name, the business portfolio is diverse, comprising a series of heavy industrial manufacturing operations, coal and limestone mines, bulk distribution transport fleet, rail and shipping interactions and hazardous waste treatment and alternative fuel production (Geocycle).
As an organisation, we offer our employees work-life balance, a close-knit and collaborative team whilst providing you with the tools and opportunity to make your mark. Our vision is to create a safe, healthy, productive and sustainable business and we are looking for like-minded professionals who align with our company values.
As part of the recruitment process you will be required to complete a pre-employment medical and a background check.
Cement Australia is an Equal Opportunity employer and open to residents of Australia with valid working rights.
Please apply directly as submissions from third party agencies will not be accepted at this time.
Build your dream career and lifestyle with Australia’s largest and most respected cement manufacturer and innovator.