We are Australia's largest pure-play coal producer generating over $10 billion in Foreign Direct Investment; owning, operating or participating in coal mines across NSW, Queensland and Western Australia.
Owned by Yancoal, Yarrabee is a proud producer of high-quality PCI coal since 1982. We employ approximately 400 people, who are our most valuable asset.
Yancoal provides a range of benefits to appeal to the diverse needs of our employees. The following benefits are available to eligible salaried employees:
About the Role
- Corporate Subsidised Health Cover Premiums
- Salary Continuance and Life Insurance Cover
- Salary Sacrifice Options
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Education Assistance
- Service Recognition
- Paid Parental Leave Provisions
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Local Housing options or Camp Accommodation
- Local Sporting Allowance
- Above industry standard paid parental leave provisions with no waiting period
- Financial assistance and study leave for relevant qualifications
Reporting to the Technical Services Manager, you will be a part of a dynamic and motivated team. The role will require you to responsible for the management and continuous improvement of Yarrabee's Mine Planning function providing mentorship and development to the two Senior Mining Engineers that report to you. You will have the opportunity to:
• Oversee Yarrabee's Mine Planning function incorporating short to long term mine planning.
• Primary focus on the 5-year plan period involving production scheduling and forecasts, reporting and financials
• Be a senior leader in the Technical Services team driving team culture, quality and accountability.
• Work in one of the Bowen Basins most challenge geologies where no day is the same!
The employee that will thrive in this role will:
- Be a motivated team player
- Be a strategic thinker with a passion for innovation
- Have a demonstrated understanding of Mine Planning in an open cut mining environment
- Hold a Bachelor of Engineering Qualifications in Mining Engineering or equivalent tertiary qualifications
If you would like to apply for this role please click the Apply button.
Please note, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. We reserve the right to close the advertisement before the advertised end date and commence recruitment proceedings immediately.
Applications close 12 June 2022.