We have an opportunity for an experienced and motivated Maintenance Team Leader and Planner to join our East End Mine team in the Gladstone region. Our integrated cement operations at Fisherman’s Landing is the largest in Australia, and we believe the success of these operations starts at East End and the mining of raw material.
With your heavy manufacturing or mining industry experience, you’ll lead and develop the maintenance team (mechanical and electrical trades across 24/7 operations) and manage the day to day work responsibilities to ensure our assets are safely able to operate to production requirements and within budget.
A key part of your responsibilities will be developing and executing short and medium term maintenance plans for mobile and fixed plant assets. This includes planning and leading the annual maintenance shutdowns for East End Mine critical infrastructure. Your ability to quickly solve problems, communicate and engage with stakeholders and motivate your team will all contribute to you making a difference to our operations. Through leading a culture of continuous improvement, challenging the status quo and generating ideas to improve plant and people performance, you will be delivering on our commitment to add value for our customers.
About the role:
Reporting to the Mine Manager, this is a permanent full-time role, operating Monday to Friday. Some of your key responsibilities will be to:
- Promote a strong safety culture including leading and taking part in training, proactively undertake effective safety communications and activities including toolbox talks and safety observations
- Using the Life of Asset Plans develop the short and medium term maintenance plans
- Plan and lead the annual Maintenance Shutdowns for fixed plant (critical infrastructure).
- Ensure that plant equipment is inspected and maintained to an appropriate level, so that budgeted plant performance KPI’s are achieved.
- Lead your team to achieve high quality of work is undertaken to minimise rework and repeat breakdowns
- Manage the day to day work responsibilities for site maintenance teams, including allocating tasks, managing of the teams leave and support troubleshooting on key issues
- Contribute to CAPEX portfolio and project execution management
- Continuously review cost within area of control so that action can be taken to avoid cost blow out
- Develop, coach and mentor direct reports to achieve high performance. Conduct annual performance review of reports as required
- Mechanical or Electrical trade qualification, ideally Diesel Fitter, with several years post-apprentice experience
- Experience successfully leading and developing teams to achieve production requirements safely and within budget
- Heavy industry experience, ideally with heavy mobile equipment
- Excellent SAP and maintenance systems knowledge
- Previous experience in planning, scheduling and budget management is preferred
Why work for Cement Australia:
- Stable, long term operations in key regional location
- Largest limestone mine in QLD
- Mount Larcom location, 30 minutes from the centre of Gladstone
- Join an organisation where you can make a difference at our largest operations
- Engaged, collaborative and diverse team
An icon of the Australian cement industry, Cement Australia is the nation’s leading supplier of cementitious products and services.
Whilst cement is in the name, the business portfolio is diverse, comprising a series of heavy industrial manufacturing operations, coal and limestone mines, bulk distribution transport fleet, rail and shipping interactions and hazardous waste treatment and alternative fuel production (Geocycle).
As an organisation, we offer our employees work-life balance, a close-knit and collaborative team whilst providing you with the tools and opportunity to make your mark. Our vision is to create a safe, healthy, productive and sustainable business and we are looking for like-minded professionals who align with our company values.
Please note due to the festive season, shortlisting for this role will not commence until mid-January at the earliest.
Please note a medical, background check and references will form part of the recruitment process. Cement Australia is an Equal Opportunity employer and open to residents of Australia with valid working rights.
Please apply directly as submissions from third party agencies will not be accepted at this time.
Build your dream career and lifestyle with Australia’s largest and most respected cement manufacturer and innovator.