We are calling all skilled tradespeople in Mackay, Queensland. Here's an electrifying opportunity for you as a Metering Electrical Fitter Mechanic with Yurika. And guess what? Mackay offers an ideal location with easy commuting options for local candidates!
Join our team in Mackay and energise your career!
Imagine a role that offers work and a flexible work-life balance. Starting and finishing your day from the comfort of your home is more than just a perk; it's a part of the job.
Are you a qualified Electrical Fitter Mechanic looking for your next career move? Look no further. Yurika, a part of the Energy Queensland Group, is seeking a talented candidate to fill a permanent position in beautiful Mackay, Queensland.
We've got everything you need to excel in your role, including a company vehicle, top-of-the-line tools, a mobile work phone and computer, high-quality PPE, and a stylish uniform.
Apply now to join our team and enjoy the peace of mind of being fully supported on the job. Don't miss out on this great opportunity, apply today!
Why choose to work for us?
It’s an exciting time to join us and to be involved in the energy sector, so consider us for your next career move, where you will experience:
- Flexibility Yurika recognises that people have different needs and responsibilities at different stages of their careers, from family, cultural or community commitments to hobbies and interests. Yurika offers flexible work arrangements in line with operational requirements.
- Local Advantage skip the long commutes and traffic jams! Mackay's strategic location ensures local candidates can quickly get to and from work, allowing for a better work-life balance. Plus, with Mackay's stunning natural beauty, including pristine beaches and lush rainforests, you'll have the perfect backdrop for your downtime.
- Comprehensive Package you'll have everything you need to excel in your role. Enjoy a competitive salary of $105,660 to $108,983 annually, plus attractive perks, including tools, a company vehicle, a laptop, a phone, and top-notch PPE.
- A company work vehicle is included in our package to ensure that you have reliable transportation to and from job sites.
- Tools and equipment are also provided so that you have everything you need to complete your work efficiently and effectively.
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) is provided to ensure your safety while on the job.
- Sleek uniform to rock while you showcase our brand. Not only will you look sharp, but you'll feel ready to take on anything.
- A Safety-First culture the safety of our people, customers & communities is a core priority.
- Diversity and Inclusion where all employees can contribute towards multiple initiatives across our business.
- Strong 12.75% superannuation and the ability to earn more with salary sacrifice co-contributions, allowing you to make the most of your financial future in the heart of Mackay.
- Opportunities for skills and career advancement with access to ongoing training and leadership programs and capacity to build and grow your skills.
- A chance to give back a chance to give back a paid employee volunteering program allowing our employees to support communities across QLD.
Critical to your success in the role, is your:
- Demonstrated knowledge of an electricity distribution/transmission system, including construction and maintenance of the electrical network.
- Working knowledge of Electricity Act & Regulations, Workplace Health & Safety Act and Regulations, and other relevant statutory acts & regulations.
- Knowledge of electrical metering and/or installation practices, regulations, and procedures.
- Well-developed interpersonal communication skills to develop good working relationships with team members and external customers. You must have the ability to identify and understand customer needs.
- Willingness to travel across broader QLD to assist with work.
- Current ‘C’ class open driver’s licence.
You will be required to complete a pre-employment medical or respond to preemployment medical questions. You will be required to undergo a National Police Check prior to commencement.
Even if you haven’t heard of Energy Queensland you might know our operational brands - Energex, Ergon Energy Network, Ergon Energy Retail and Yurika. As a group, we are growing rapidly and as part of the Queensland Energy and Jobs Plan (QEJJP), actively helping to advance the energy transition towards net zero.
Yurika is part of the Energy Queensland group of companies, 100% owned by the state of Queensland. Yurika has a national footprint, working across all areas of energy, connectivity, and sustainability.
You want to be part of the renewable energy future:
If you are ready to help us shape the future of energy, please apply below with a current resume.
To apply for the position, please click the "Apply" button provided. You may also want to check our website for the full "Position Description" details. You can find it at the bottom of our websites page.
Just a quick heads up, this position is a permanent position.
If you're ready to shape the future of energy in Mackay, please apply below with your current resume. Take advantage of this electrifying opportunity! We're reviewing applications on a rolling basis, so submit yours today.
We look forward to reviewing your application.
If you have any questions or need assistance during the application process, please don't hesitate to contact the Resourcing Advisor, Alisha Benson on 0400 557 913.
We value the differences individuals contribute to our workforce and encourage a diverse range of applicants to apply.
Click here to view more information on diversity and inclusion at Energy Queensland