Do you enjoy working outdoors in the community, in a role that supports your health and wellbeing? We are looking for someone to join our team as a Meter Reader in the Biloela and surrounding areas to walk or drive an allocated neighbourhood taking and recording utility meter readings. No experience is required. Immediate start available. We will teach you everything you need to know.
- Access to StreamLife, our Employee Benefits Program that provides a fantastic range of retail savings at hundreds of top brands as well as resources to help you stay active and healthy
- Industry leaders providing services to the community for more than 30 years. Ongoing work.
- As an organisation of 5000 people this is a place where you can build a career
- Uniform, PPE and on-the-job training are all provided
- Work outdoors and keep healthy on the job
- Work independently and autonomously
- Work vehicle provided
What you need
- Current valid drivers licence
- Ready to learn and able to work on your own
- Able to undertake plenty of walking, bending and squatting
- Able to work in most weather conditions
- Able to work Mon-Fri, 25 - 30 hours per week
- Flexible and comfortable with daily travel of up to, or more than 45 minutes each way
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, and good attention to detail is required
- Accurately read allocated meter routes in a timely, efficient and safe manner
- Uphold the Service Stream safety standards and publicly represent Service Stream and our clients in a professional manner
- Understand and ensure targets are met
- Ability to work independently but also work with other members of the team
- Regularly communicate with office support team
- Upload/download route information to/from hand-held device
Service Stream is one of the largest providers of metering services in Australia, reading more than 35 million meters annually. As a utilities services provider with more than 5000 employees who provide Australians with services to meet their gas, water, electricity and telecommunications needs there is ample opportunity to build a career.
Service Stream is an equal opportunity employer who believes diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and benefits our people, clients and communities. We are committed to cultivate an inclusive and high-performing culture where our people thrive and are proud to bring their whole selves to work, inspiring a respectful and inclusive environment. Service Stream encourages and welcomes the opportunity for applicants to share their lived experiences.