Pursehouse Rural is a leading independent Agribusiness specialising in agricultural produce, equipment, services and advice across 19 locations in North West NSW and Queensland.
We are seeking a Merchandise Sales/Stores employee to join our team in our Sarina Branch, on a full time basis.
The primary focus of this role is managing the Warehouse, teamwork and providing a high standard of customer service in the field. In addition to managing the warehouse, the person in this role will be expected to serve customers and assist other team members within the branch.
- Assist with the receipt and storage of agricultural products, including chemicals and fertilisers, ensuring safe storage principles are adhered to
- Load and unload supplier and customer vehicles (including trucks) whilst maintaining safe work practices
- Plan and complete customer deliveries to ensure products are delivered in a safe, efficient, and professional manner.
- Complete regular safety checks and organise maintenance for trucks, trailers and forklifts.
- Maintain the physical facilities, including the shop, warehouse and yard areas to ensure they are clean, safe and presentable to the general public.
- Participate in regular branch stocktakes and other inventory control duties
- Provide a high standard of customer service by being approachable and knowledgeable about Company products and services
Ideal applicants will possess the following:
- Demonstrated experience in customer service role, preferably in the agricultural sector
- Effective time management skills and the ability to forward plan
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Ability to maintain a high standard of personal presentation and meet the physical requirements of the role
- Valid driver’s licence, class HR and a sound knowledge of safety around vehicles
- LF Forklift Licence (or willingness to obtain)
Experience in the Agribusiness sector will be highly regarded, as will holding a First Aid Certificate.
An above Award salary, plus superannuation, is available based on skills and experience, and a generous staff discount is available on rural products.
A covering letter outlining your relevant experience should be forwarded along with your resume and two work-related referees to email@example.com
For further information please contact Penny Plath, Branch Manager on 0448 452 733 or Elaine Alker in the Employee Relations and Safety Team on 0439 374 400.
Please note there is no formal closing date for this role. If you are interested, we would encourage you to apply soon, as the position will be withdrawn as soon as a suitable candidate is hired or if our circumstances change.