$30.96 per hour (please note that junior rates may apply)
We are currently seeking a motivated Member Services Officer to enhance and support PCYC Blackwater Youth Club operations by ensuring all patrons receive the highest level of customer service. This role also works in junjunction with a cleaning position which would require you to ensure all aspects of the Club's facilities are cleaned and regularly maintained If you are passionate about delivering excellence in customer service and take pride in your work, then we need you!
What we can offer
- In addition to your remuneration, enjoy generous not-for-profit salary packaging benefits of up to $15,900 per annum tax free!
- Use a further $2,650 of your pre-tax income for entertainment expenses with a Meals and Entertainment Card
- Free PCYC Gym Membership
- Comprehensive online induction and site-specific orientation
- Be a part of creating a positive environment for the development of young people
- Our work environment has a strong team work ethic where we live by our PCYC Queensland values - Respect, Leadership, Commitment, Passion and Teamwork.
Your New Role
You will be at the forefront responding to Club enquiries, providing advice and information as well as partaking in up-selling and cross-selling of PCYC products and services. You will also prepare point of sale devices including cash registers and electronic swipe devices in addition to some office administration. Additionally, you will perform cleaning dutuies such as: maintain Club supplies for day to day needs, e.g. toiletries and chemicals. Perform equipment/ apparatus/ resource set-up, pull-down and adjustment as required to assist in the operation of Club activities and functions whilst ensuring compliance with relevant legislation and PCYC policies and procedures are met If this sounds like you, download our Position Description for more information.
- Minimum 12 months experience working in a customer service or sales role
- Intermediate skills in the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Eligibility to hold a “Working with Children Check”/Blue Card (or ability to obtain)
- Current First Aid and CPR certificates (or ability to obtain)
- Hold a light rigid driver’s licence and a Restricted Drivers' Authority (or ability to obtain)
- Qualification in Fitness, Sport and Recreation or similar or interest in developing in this area (nice to have but not required)
- Working With Children Check (Blue Card) No Card, No Start and Restricted Person legislation applies
- It is a mandatory requirement for all PCYC employees to have received the prescribed number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine
- Please note: All PCYC employees are required to complete a National Police Check upon commencement.
About PCYC Queensland
PCYC Queensland is a not-for-profit organisation aiming to build safer, healthier communities through youth development. In partnership with the Queensland Police Service, PCYC Queensland offers a range of youth and community programs in addition to facilities such as outside school hours care, gymnastics, boxing and 24/7 gym and fitness centres.
Applications close 03 July 2022 at 11:45pm.
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We encourage you to apply promptly as the advertisement may close early should a suitable applicant be sourced.