Medical Secretary – Icon Cancer Centre Mackay, QLD
This is an opportunity to join a community that truly holds human connections close to heart. We work with purpose at a fast pace, and we genuinely appreciate that all contributions make an impact. Our work is always important and not always easy, and we know the secret ingredient is our incredible, supportive people.
- Fast Paced Day Hospital Medical Administration Role within a Friendly and Supportive Team
- Support our Oncologist and Haematologist Consultants
- Make a Genuine Difference to the lives of our Patients receiving Cancer Treatments.
- Casual Position, Excellent Hourly Rate, Monday to Friday – 148 Sams Road, Mackay
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into New Zealand and Asia. With over 700 employees our Australian cancer services division is made up of 6 day oncology hospitals, 16 radiation oncology centres and 8 comprehensive centres offering, medical oncology, haematology and radiation oncology services under one roof. The group also encompasses chemotherapy compounding services and pharmacy.
Icon is dedicated to providing exceptional cancer care to communities across Australia. Given the size of Icon, we can provide opportunities within an ideal environment to develop your experience and be part of an innovative market leader at the forefront of cancer care.
Learn more about our Mackay Centre: https://iconcancercentre.com.au/centre/mackay/
About the Role:
We have an opportunity for a Medical Secretary to join the team in Mackay. The overall purpose of this position is to provide high quality patient care and be the first point of call for Icon Cancer Centre clients. Reporting to the Administration Manager, you will be responsible for the delivery of administrative services providing exceptional customer service to all patients, their carers', other external clients as well as your colleagues. This is a casual role, with shifts between 8am and 6pm, Monday to Friday.
About the person we're going to hire:
- Welcoming patients, collecting and entering personal details
- Scheduling appointments
- Setting up consulting rooms
- Answering telephone calls and responding to enquiries
- Entering and processing patient billing
- Monitoring and assessing the administration care path of all patients
- Maintaining and managing patient information
- Possessing basic knowledge of medical terminology
- Possessing basic knowledge of Medicare and DVA claims
- Supporting Icon's WHS Officers and committees to effectively carry out their responsibilities
- Modelling and promoting Icon's vision and values.
We are looking for an experienced Medical Secretary with outstanding customer service to join our team. We are looking for someone who is proactive, personable and enthusiastic about the role. If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you.
Skills & Experience:
How to Apply:
- Experience in a similar role within the Healthcare industry (Day Hospital experience a huge plus)
- Experience with Medicare, DVA and Private Health
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Ability to communicate with clarity both verbally (face-to-face and telephone) and written
- Ability to use computer systems – competence required in Word and Excel
- Delivery of excellent client service (to internal and/or external clients)
If you are highly enthusiastic, quick to adapt in a fast-paced environment and are passionate about healthcare, we want to hear from you. In return we offer a friendly, flexible and dynamic work environment and the opportunity to work for a growing and innovative market leader.
Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.
Icon is committed to managing the risk of transmission of specified vaccine preventable diseases (VPDs) including COVID-19. Certain roles may require the successful candidate to show evidence that they have been vaccinated against or are not susceptible to specified VPDs.