At UGM we support and encourage everyone to think differently, get involved and create solutions that deliver exceptional results every day. We offer many benefits to our employees and support them to learn, grow and to reach our shared goals. Our progress is made through the efforts, contributions and development of our people working in a high performing and agile culture.
UGM is now currently accepting applications from suitably skilled Mechanical Tradespersons. These roles are on a 4/3 Roster, based at our Paget Workshop in Mackay. The successful candidates will be performing mechanical repairs and maintenance across a variety of underground mobile plant.
This is an excellent opportunity to transition into the mining sector and gain some new skills on underground diesel mining equipment!
We are currently looking for Qualified Mechanical Tradespeople (LV/HD Mechanics) that possess the same drive, enthusiasm and pride in their work as we do. You will learn from the best in the field, you will be working with a stable team that values hard work but enjoys their time together as well.
Requirements of the Role:
- Mechanical Trade Qualification – (Light/Heavy Mechanic or Diesel)
- Previous work history as a mechanic (Diesel experience will be highly regarded)
- Positive, proactive approach to safety;
- Commitment to working as part of a team;
- Strong work ethic and a commitment to customer service;
Benefits of working at UGM:
- Perform mechanical repairs and maintenance to a variety of Underground mobile plant including loaders, and underground haulage equipment
- 4/3 Roster – Have a long weekend every weekend!
- Plenty of Overtime Available
- New Workshop and Facilities.
- Novated lease of Motor Vehicles through SG Fleet
- Bupa private health insurance corporate discounts
- Discounts on travel and accommodation (via Crown and Garuda Air)
- Corporate discounts with Hertz Australia for car rental
- Education assistance
- Employee referral programs (between $1500 to $3000)
- Exceptional delivery awards
Applicants will also be required to undertake a pre-employment medical and drug and alcohol screening as part of the recruitment process.
We’re looking for people who are ready to get to work and share our company values of: Zero Harm. Unity, Passion, Excellence and Relationships.
Who is UGM?
UGM (Underground Mining Services) has been around since 1997 specialising in the delivery of underground coal projects, infrastructure services, and underground machinery in New South Wales and Queensland. For further information please visit https://ugm.com.au/
At UGM we find the best solutions and inventive ways to improve while looking after the health, safety and wellbeing of our people, the communities we operate in and our environment. Our strong team focus enables us to solve problems for our customers while also providing a unique culture that is built on contributions of our staff.
About Our Recruitment Process
At UGM, We believe that the unique contributions of our people are the key to our success. To ensure we deliver the best possible solutions for our customers and our employees, we don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, or disability status.
As part of our recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate your suitability for a role. These include but are not limited to National Police Checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.