Our reputation is built on solid ground!
Metallurgical coal is an essential ingredient in blast-furnace steel manufacture, producing steel used for critical building and infrastructure around the world. In Australia, we operate two open cut and three underground metallurgical coal mines in Queensland’s Bowen Basin, every year producing millions of tonnes of the highest quality hard coking coal for this purpose.
This is an exciting opportunity for a safety-focused individual ideally with a mechanical background in maintenance within a processing environment to join our team at Dawson Mine in Moura, QLD.
Reporting to the Production Supervisor, the Mechanical Production Technician will be responsible for loading trains, operating reclaimers, and conducting ad-hoc mechanical maintenance functions within the coal handling preparation plant (CHPP) in order to optimise the performance of the CHPP process in accordance with the business plan.
About the Role
- Optimise Coal Handling and Preparation Plant operations
- Assist maintenance team to maintain all aspects of Equipment Maintenance including Preventative Maintenance, Modular Maintenance, Fault Finding, Rebuilds, Repairs, and Commissioning
- Collaborate and work effectively with other Maintenance and Production team members, including Contractors, to better understand and manage Equipment and resolve problems impacting on all areas
- Carry out required Work Management duties and ensure that all Documentation and Data Entry is accurately completed and to a high standard
- Undertake thorough Inspections of all Plant and Equipment, reporting any defects or required future works
- Prioritise efforts to reduce breakdowns and their duration, urgent unplanned events and interrupting work which disturbs planned and scheduled work
- Accept a high level of ownership of production activities and equipment performance
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping, attention to detail and quality of work
- Participate in Continuous Improvement Programs that result in higher levels of Plant and Equipment performance and availability
- Maintain a high level working knowledge of Safety Processes and Procedures
Mechanical Trade Qualification (Mechanical)
It is essential for the incumbent to demonstrate experience and/or knowledge in the following also:
- Coal Processing Operations
- Experience with safety management systems
- Experience within a mining Fixed Plant Operation
- Experience crushing, dry & wet screening plants.
- Experience troubleshooting crushing, conveying and hydraulic system
- Demonstrated ability to approach work with a ‘can do attitude’
- Work well within a team to achieve combined success
- EWP, Forklift, Dogging and Rigging Certificates (desirable)
- Full-time, permanent position
- 7/7 DS/NS Roster
- Location: Dawson Mine, Moura QLD
- Residential, DIDO, FIFO (salary sacrifice only) options
- Subsidised accommodation available
What we Offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
Who we are
We aim to lead the industry by pursuing ever safer and more responsible ways of working, demonstrating integrity, and showing care and respect for people and the planet. That means we are constantly seeking new opportunities to mine and process our products sustainably, using less water, less energy and more precise extraction technologies. As the custodians of coal and other precious natural resources – diamonds (through De Beers), copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore and nickel – our extraordinary teams work safely and collaboratively, with the utmost consideration for local communities, our customers and the world at large.
Successful candidates will be required to complete background screening which may include a criminal check and validation of qualifications.
Inclusion and Diversity
At Anglo American, we embrace change and promote an inclusive and diverse environment where you can bring your whole self to work, every day. We are adopting new approaches to recruitment, talent development, mentoring, parental leave, and flexible working to further support diversity across our business.
How we are committed to your safety
Nothing is more important to us than ensuring you return home safely after a day’s work. To make that happen, we have the most rigorous safety standards in the industry. Not only that, we’re also continually investing in new technologies – from drones to data analytics – that are helping to make mining safer.
Anglo American strongly encourages all colleagues to get vaccinated to safeguard the health of our workers and their families, and the community at large from the COVID-19 virus. Although being fully vaccinated is not currently a condition of entry to our operations, we will continue to monitor the risk to our workforce.
Do you know someone who would fit this role? Employee referrals will be accepted for this job. Refer to your local Referral Guidelines for policy conditions and amounts.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process
6th July 2022
Please note, screening and interview mat take place prior to closing date - applications may also close before this date.
Anglo American Metallurgical Coal does not accept unsolicited applications from Recruitment Agencies.