You will be a part of the leading brand in the cement and mining industries. And we want to become even better. We also know we can only drive success and excellence with competent, passionate and engaged employees. We know you want to be successful at work and at home, and together we can ensure that both our business goals and your personal aspirations are met.
The Mechanical Service Technician role is designed to provide mechanical service and support to our OEM Equipment during planned shut-down days. This includes inspections, testing and analysis on the proficiency of the equipment, planned and unplanned maintenance, and repairs.
QLD site specific inductions (ie BMA Core, Standard 11, Q Coal, Anglo American & Glencore highly desirable)
What you bring
- Demonstrated commitment to safety and customer service orientation
- Mechanical Fitter trade background, ideally with experience in fixed plant equipment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team
- Current drivers’ license
- Previous experience writing reports advantageous
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- 3 years post trade experience
- Ability and willingness to travel (and stay overnight) at short notice
- Demonstrated CHPP / processing plant or mining experience
- Prepared to work in confined spaces and heights – physically fit to work within plant environment which includes climbing access stairs with tool/equipment
What we offer
- Competitive hourly rate on offer
- Job security in a volatile market – FLSmidth has 136 years of successful operation within a global environment
- Development and training within a respected global OEM company.
- Access to salary packaging options to allow you to maximise your after-tax income
- Employee Assistance Program for employees and immediate family
- Purchased annual leave options
- Paid Parental Leave
- Involvement with community and charity initiatives
- Annual flu vaccination
We pride ourselves on an inclusive and flexible culture where diversity and equality are embraced, and where a healthy balance of work and personal commitments is encouraged.
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. All candidates will be required to pass a Pre-Employment Medical & Drug and Alcohol test. FLSmidth requires all candidates to hold unrestricted Australian Working rights at the time of application. If you do not have full, unrestricted working rights, we are unable to accept your application for employment. Applications from 3rd parties will not be accepted.