Your new career opportunity: Mechanical Fitter & Boilermaker
- Excellent work environment where people are valued and respected
- Residential role in the tight-knit town of Gladstone surrounded by iconic natural attractions
- Get ahead financially with company benefits including subsidised private health insurance
- Permanent full-time roles
- 4,5,5 lifestyle roster (day and night shift)
About your role
Reporting directly to the Supervisor – Plant Shift Maintenance within the Redside Department, you will contribute to our Safe, Stable and Sustainable vision by your:
- Ensuring all work is performed in accordance with site health, environmental and community policies, systems and procedures
- Manufacturing and / or welding to piping, fittings valves etc
- Maintaining and repairing drum filters, settlers, tertiaries, and associated pumps and piping
- Developing and implementing improvements for plant equipment
- Continuous improvement of work processes and practices
What you will bring
To be successfully considered for this role, you should have:
- A positive and motivated attitude with the ability to communicate effectively and work safely in a team environment
- Trade qualifications as a Boilermaker or Mechanical Fitter
- Experience with the maintenance of pumps, turbines, mills and fans would be advantageous
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Self-motivated with a focus on customer service and continuous improvement
- Forklift, dogging and rigging qualifications would be advantageous
What’s on offer
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include:
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- Competitive salary package
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Learning and development opportunities to support your desired technical or leadership career path
- Ongoing individual wellbeing support for you and your family for personal and professional matters
Where you will be working
Gladstone is a coastal town in central Queensland with the region home to a population of approximately 64,000. The Gladstone region enjoys well-established education services, entertainment, shopping and medical facilities and is the gateway to the Southern Great Barrier Reef. If you are thinking of making a seaside change, check out what our region has to offer:
Queensland Alumina Limited (QAL) is one of the world’s largest alumina refineries, enjoying a global reputation as a leader in the minerals processing industry. QAL is focused on employee engagement, best practice technology, innovative capital solutions, benchmark maintenance and project execution whilst maintaining world class safety, quality and environmental performance.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
At QAL, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTQIA+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
You may not meet all the selection criteria we are looking for, but that doesn’t mean you are not the right fit for QAL. You might have experience outside of these requirements that will make you a great candidate with strengths in areas that we can build on.
If you are looking for a new venture and the chance to work for a company that cares about being Safe, Stable and Sustainable, apply today.