We are looking for an experienced Mechanical Engineer to join the Operations team at our Gladstone site.
You will be responsible for ensuring that the plant is mechanically operational and functioning to meet production demands and business needs. You will provide mechanical engineering and technical support to the maintenance team, site wide, on a rostered shift (7 on 7 off). Reporting to the Mechanical Services Manager, your role has a large scope that overarches and supports the entire team.
Home to Australia’s largest cement plant, the major assets include a 1.7 million tonne per year capacity clinker kiln, a lime kiln, cement mills and significant material handling equipment including stacking, reclaiming, product packaging, road and rail dispatch and bulk ship-loading. This role would also support various activities at our East End limestone mine.
About the role:
As a Mechanical Engineer, you will:
- Take part in SHE, attending communication sessions and tool box talks, ensuring risk assessments are correctly completed and safety observations are undertaken frequently
- Review and analyse the day to day plant performance through monitoring lead and lag indicators, access the plant health status and provide feedback via a daily report
- Be accountable for responding to the day to day plant requirements
- Follow up on shift hand over feedback providing solutions and mitigation actions for any potential issues
- Play an active and key part of the day to day maintenance execution
- Develop quality technical scope of works, provide clear directives during breakdowns
- Manage breakdowns from start to end, including recovery plan development and commissioning
- Provide a detailed report of any plant breakdowns or issues and what the next steps are to repair or rectify the plant
- Be responsible for the review of work orders and provide clear a direction to planners on what work orders need to be executed
- Manage and update mechanical asset life plans, update task lists
- Provide engineering support to the capital projects
- Identify and manage plant mechanical risks to ensure achievement of reliability and availability targets, ensure identified risks are communicated and reported in a timely manner
- Be accountable for the development and management of the processes required to identify end of life assets
- Develop and review mechanical maintenance methods and Inspection and Test Plans
- Maintain effective report and investigation storage methods
- Assess / utilise condition monitoring principles to highlight equipment that is failing or in the process of failing
We are open to the level of experience you bring to this role. With that in mind, we are ideally looking for your profile to include:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years asset management experience in a cement manufacturing (preferable) or heavy industry environment
- 5+ years maintenance management experience in a cement manufacturing (preferable) or heavy industry environment
- Sound mechanical background, proven experience of responding to breakdowns
- Understanding of leadership and making clear decisions
- Sound people and communication skills
- Effective report writing and presentation techniques
- Familiar with MS Office
- Proficient with SAP
- Ability to perform Plant Trouble Shooting
- Ability to work a 7 on 7 off roster
Why work for Cement Australia?
- Opportunity to lead programs of work
- Rewarding engineering role within maintenance and reliability function
- Stable, long term operations in key regional life-style location (live near the ocean)
- Career progression opportunities
- Impact on plant performance is only limited by your ability and drive for improvement
- Salary package that include bonus potential, and
- Benefits that include novated leasing, product discounts, EAP program and parental leave.
An icon of the Australian cement industry, Cement Australia is the nation’s leading supplier of cementitious products and services.
Whilst cement is in the name, the business portfolio is diverse, comprising a series of heavy industrial manufacturing operations, coal and limestone mines, bulk distribution transport fleet, rail and shipping interactions and hazardous waste treatment and alternative fuel production (Geocycle).
As an organisation, we offer our employees work-life balance, a close-knit and collaborative team whilst providing you with the tools and opportunity to make your mark. Our vision is to create a safe, healthy, productive and sustainable business and we are looking for like-minded professionals who align with our company values.
As part of the recruitment process you will be required to complete a pre-employment medical and a background check. Cement Australia is an Equal Opportunity employer and open to residents of Australia with valid working rights.
Cement Australia requests all new employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or have an approved medical exemption. As part of the recruitment process, you will be asked to provide evidence of your status.
Please apply directly as submissions from third party agencies will not be accepted at this time.
Build your dream career and lifestyle with Australia’s largest and most respected cement manufacturer and innovator.