Smit Lamnalco is the leading provider of safe, reliable and cost-effective integrated midstream marine services. We own, operate and manage a modern diverse fleet of approximately 150 vessels. With more than 1,700 crew and staff worldwide, Smit Lamnalco is dedicated to providing marine support services tailored to the operational needs of global customers in local markets. Active in over 30 countries, Smit Lamnalco specializes in bringing international standards on safety, logistics, mooring and towage to onshore and offshore operations in challenging environments. The HQ is based in Rotterdam, the Netherlands. For more information on Smit Lamnalco, please visit our website: www.smitlamnalco.com
Currently we have two (2) job vacancies for Marine Traineeships at our Gladstone Operation as part of the Queensland Governments Backing Queensland Maritime Jobs initiative.
Marine Trainee's will undertake a two (2) year traineeship and will follow the below;
- On boarding (1 month)
- On the job training under the guidance of the Maintenance Superintendent while completing an Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA) approved task book (12 months)
- Complete Marine Engine Driver Grade 2 Course at a registered training organisation (1 month). All training and associated travel and accommodation costs will be paid for by the company.
- On the job training under the guidance of the Maintenance Superintendent while completing an Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA) approved task book (9 months)
- Complete a Marine Engine Driver Grade 1 Course at a registered training organisation (1 month). All training and associated travel and accommodation costs will be paid for by the company.
Tasks & responsibilities will include;
- Ensuring that the SLIMS is followed and maintained with particular emphasis on the correct use and application of PPE, safety equipment, checklists and all other safety precautions relating to job and task performance with particular emphasis on the protection of the environment and pollution prevention.
- Completing all E-Learning modules as per the training Matrix.
- Assisting the shore side maintenance team in their daily tasks on both shore side and vessel equipment.
- Obtaining the required vessel time as required by the Regulator to obtain both the MED2 and MED1 qualifications from Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA).
- Informing the supervisor of any deficiencies in equipment, standards and procedures.
- Being committed to developing your skills and knowledge.
To be considered for this opportunity applicants;
- Cannot be currently employed with Smit Lamnalco or have been within the last 52 weeks.
- Must be a permanent resident of Australia and reside in Gladstone, Queensland.
- Must be able to commence employment with the eligible employer as soon as practicable.
- Must show initiative and be self-reliant, analytical and demonstrate problem solving skills.
- Be computer literate.
- Have experience working effectively in team environments.
Click 'apply' to attach your CV in application for the role.
Applications will close midnight Monday 19th June 2023.
Smit Lamnalco Towage Australia are committed to Equal Employment Opportunities, Ethical Practices, and the principles of Cultural Diversity. We encourage applications from all members of the community, including people from indigenous backgrounds, and women seeking non-traditional trade opportunities.
We offer you the opportunity to develop yourself in a challenging, dynamic and truly international environment.
Smit Lamnalco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as an individual with disability or other applicable legally protected characteristics.