At Fortescue Future Industries (FFI) we are leading the global energy transition by developing a portfolio of renewable energy and green hydrogen projects. Our large scale, low-cost hydropower, geothermal, solar and wind assets will support establishment of green energy and green product industries around the world. FFI is committed to building thriving communities by delivering social, environmental, and economic benefits.
Manufacturing Operations Buyer
Work location: Gladstone, QLD
Roster: Monday to Friday
- Converting purchasing requisitions to purchase orders and process monitoring from order to receipt
- Experience with SAP ECC / S4Hanna preferred
- Create and issue purchase orders based on MRP requirements, MRO and manual requirements
- Update material and vendor data and records as needed
- Monitor supplier backorders and confirms delivery with suppliers, tracks supplier performance to purchase order requirements
- Requires regular liaising with suppliers, vendors contractors etc.
- Monitor and maintain sourcing budgets, inventory movements and supplier performance
- Working closely with the planning functions, forecast material demand based on form orders, future forecasts and potential supplier shutdowns
- Coordinating between different operations teams, project teams and determining the required materials
- Review of safety stocks, MOQ's and pack sizes on a periodic basis. Forecasting, scheduling and overseeing the supply and delivery of materials and products
- Conduct regular inventory checks to validate inventory accuracy
- Part takes in production meetings to update on material status, supplier performance and supply side risks and escalation
- Work closely with the contracts and sourcing team to effectively source, onboard and manage vendors and contractors
- Become proficient on procurement business processes
Qualifications and skills required:
- Tertiary qualification in related field and related experience in a manufacturing environment
- In absence of tertiary qualification, 7+ years’ experience planning using SAP in a production environment is acceptable
- 3+ years’ experience in purchasing ideal
- Experience in manufacturing environment is desirable
- A can do, willing to adapt attitude
- Ability to foster strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Very good attention to detail and accuracy when working with data
- Proactive and self-motivated, with a drive for excellence
- Experience with using SAP is advantageous
- Committed to Workplace health and safety
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
Candidates must be able to bring a flexible mindset, challenge traditional thinking, and be prepared to work outside of their comfort zone.
Our values drive our culture and performance through a strong focus on safety, family and determination. Fortescue is deeply committed to providing a safe culture that builds respect, fosters inclusiveness, and values diversity. We celebrate individual strengths and team members from all backgrounds are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work.
Our global workforce drives and promotes an inclusive culture, both within our organisation and throughout the communities we interact with across the world. Diverse backgrounds include First Nations Peoples, people with differing abilities, LGBTIQ+ community, gender, neuro diverse, cultural diversity, all age groups, and those with an intersectional or multiple diverse characteristics.
We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Fortescue reserves the right to close applications early should a suitable pool of candidates be identified