At Orica, it’s the power of our people that leads change and shapes our futures. Every day, all around the world, our people help mobilise vital resources essential to progress. Established in 1874, we have grown to become the world leader in mining and civil blasting with a diverse of team of more than 13,000 across the world.
It’s an exciting time to join us – we are shaping the future of mining through digital and automated technologies, embracing new ways of thinking, pioneering innovation and reimagining the way we work.
About the role
We are currently searching for Orica's next Manager – Safety, Health, Environment and Security at our Yarwun Manufacturing Facility. Our commitment to the safety, health and wellbeing of our people and customers, the environment, and the communities in which we operate underpins everything we do.
This critical role leads a passionate team that manages the core SHES functions including workplace health and safety, major incident risk, site security and response, environment and sustainability, community and stakeholder relations, and security in accordance with Orica’s systems and procedures and in accordance with regulatory requirements. The role is a key member of the Site Leadership Team and will be a role model for excellence in SHES practices and behaviours.
Reporting to the Senior Manager – SHES Manufacturing this critical role will partner with cross functional teams in manufacturing & supply, operational excellence, group SHES and regional Vice-Presidents to provide technical guidance and the delivery of best-in-class SHES solutions. Through effective SHES management, compliance and leadership we seek to build a resilient organisation capable of anticipating, monitoring, responding and learning every day.
This role will suit a SHES professional looking for an opportunity that allows them scope to be innovative in their contribution and to always be challenging the team to continuously improve process and add value to how the team delivers to the Yarwun Manufacturing Centre.
What you will be doing
- Aligns all behaviours with Orica’s Charter Values, Purpose and Strategy.
- Provide visible leadership to prevent or correct behaviours or work conditions not consistent with Orica’s SH&E values or standards
- Develop, provide and continuously improve SH&E KPIs for line management and SH&E support team to identify areas of focus and deliverables.
- Assure site compliance with regulatory requirements and nominated industry standards, which collectively form the site’s licence to operate
- Verify compliance with Orica’s Group Safety, Health and Environment Policy, and applicable Group standards and procedures, and implement continuous improvement programs to address findings.
- Drive programs that improve behavioural compliance with core SHES requirements through the full implementation of behavioural safety initiatives.
- Support the development of clear guidance for operational teams to maintain compliance with workplace health, safety, environment and industry standards, and reducing the risk of major incidents occurring at the Major Hazard Facility.
- Ensure rigorous incident reporting and investigation processes are implemented onsite, identifying direct and root causes, and support identification and tracking of corrective actions that address root causes.
- Ensure manufacturing centre security infrastructure and personnel in place and effective
- Oversee identification and execution of improvement projects related to site SHES performance.
- Continuously improve working relationships and organisational stature between site and regulators through engagement programs.
- Implement programs to develop and maintain effective and targeted stakeholder engagement and community investments to gain and maintain the trust and support of neighbours and the broader community.
What you will bring
- Role ideally suited to individuals with a minimum of (5) years’ SHES leadership experience, preferably in a continuous manufacturing environment.
- Engineering or Science Degree (undergraduate or postgraduate) in the fields related to occupational health and safety, environmental management, risk management or similar.
- Knowledge of SH&E related legislation and application.
- The ability to influence, create and implement strategic direction and actions with successful outcomes.
- The ability to develop, coach and lead a team to successfully complete activities and assignments expeditiously.
What we offer
As part of a truly global company, you will have the ability to grow and learn in a diverse, collaborative culture. We foster relationships and learning through connected global and local teams, promote flexible and diverse career paths and support the development of your knowledge and skills.
You will be paid a competitive salary, learn from talented individuals across multiple disciplines and be able to thrive in a safe workplace within a collaborative culture. Ignite your career at a place where your distinct potential can find its home.
We respect and value all
Orica promotes and fosters a culture of inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment everywhere we operate. We treat our people and applicants with fairness, dignity, and respect, getting the best of everyone’s contributions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, nationality, age, military or veteran, marital or disability status.