Manager Operations Support Services
The Gladstone Region is a dynamic Central Queensland coastal region that provides an enviable lifestyle and economic stability for more than 63,000 residents. Gladstone Regional Council is committed to a dynamic, proud and diverse future for the Gladstone Region that focuses on working together to balance our region’s lifestyle and opportunity. Our success is built on a foundation of safe, engaged, high performing talent and teams and a values-based culture centred around our SERVICE principles.
Council is seeking to appoint a permanent full time Manager Operations Support Services to contribute to Council’s success.
About the Role
This is a key multi-functional strategic management role required to provide strategic management and leadership oversight of a diverse group of high-risk complex functions within a multi-disciplined scope of work and required to deliver quality and cost-effective operations for the Gladstone region.
Your success in this role will be demonstrated through your ability to be analytical in your thinking, and strategic in your decision making. You will have strong leadership skills with proven extensive experience managing in a complex service environment, particularly within an operations and / or local government context. You will be a strong influencer and negotiator and have the ability to communicate, collaborate and engage effectively with all levels across the business. You will be committed to achieving high quality outcomes for Council and the wider GRC community.
- Post Graduate Business studies and/or trade qualifications with post trade competencies in a related discipline to support successful execution and delivery of key responsibilities and accountabilities of the position.
- Substantial years of strategic management experience leading high-risk complex functions and leadership experience demonstrating behaviours in leading continuous improvement initiatives and building a high-performance culture whilst fostering a cohesive team approach with an emphasis on safety at work.
- Advanced level of demonstrated ability to manage the interactions and relationship between key service providers and stakeholders in the delivering of complex multi-functional program of works.
- Proven success in solid decision making to ensure government, business, customer and resource requirements are balanced to meet the responsibilities and accountabilities of the management role.
- Establish and maintain partnerships with key stakeholders across the region to achieve desired outcomes and to ensure Council is aware of contemporary trends in service delivery, quality and technology.
- Advanced communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient keyboard skills and experience using Microsoft Office Suite and operating corporate business systems.
- Legally able to drive a motor vehicle in Queensland.
Why work for GRC?
- We are fortunate to live in an attractive, growing region and proud to provide opportunity for personal growth and career development for our employees.
- We offer opportunities to grow your career within a progressive local government organisation and work in a high performing team that values your contribution.
- You will be rewarded with a competitive salary including generous superannuation and a flexible roster that supports a generous work-life balance.
- We offer a range of employee benefits including free physiotherapy, support services and discounted health cover and fitness memberships.
Please be advised that the preferred candidate for this position, as a condition of employment, may be required to complete a criminal history check, a pre-employment medical or a skills assessment.
Council is committed to connecting with the Gladstone Regional community which values diversity and inclusion and encourages you to bring your whole self to work. First Nations people are encouraged to apply.
12 noon Friday 27 May 2022