Remuneration/Benefit: Attractive salary on offer
- Opportunity to make a difference in a Top 100 ASX listed company
- Organisational culture that proudly supports inclusion and diversity
- Modern, up-to-date working space in a safety focussed organisation
Do you have a keen interest in relaying complex financial information in a user-friendly way? Do you enjoy partnering with the business to drive improved financial performance? Do you gain satisfaction from managing budgeting and forecasting processes? As a result of an internal promotion, we are offering an exciting opportunity for a Management Accountant to join our highly respected Coal Finance Partnering team in Rockhampton.
About the role:
- Undertake budgeting and forecasting processes (including analysis and documentation of key assumptions) and reporting requirements and present these to relevant management.
- Analyse complex financial issues and business performance to provide reports, analysis and advice on the impact of key financial and non-financial drivers and opportunities for improved performance.
- Review and develop management information and reporting systems using an open, consultative and team based approach, and identify, recommend and implement improvements to ensure compliance with the enterprise's financial management system.
- Maintain financial models to support budgeting and forecasting requirements.
- Produce reports and statements (including those required from a regulatory perspective) using financial and non-financial data.
- Complete various period end financial processes as required e.g. month end close, billing, invoicing, transfers, journals.
- Assist in delivering audit processes for half year, hard close and year end.
- Assist in the coordination and consolidation of management accounting reports for the relevant functions.
- Actively engage with the business to drive continuous improvement in processes, tools and systems
- Tertiary qualification in a finance related discipline is mandatory
- Sizable experience in a similar financial support role is mandatory
- Highly skilled in preparing, analysing, and presenting factual and practical information
- Strong interpersonal communication skills for effective collaboration and stakeholder management
- Extensive knowledge of accounting and budgetary processes and procedures, particularly in relation to financial systems and business processes for a large geographically dispersed organisation
- Autonomous and detail orientated
- Highly adaptable and comfortable with change
- Open to feedback
What we can offer you: At Aurizon, we support the development and growth of our employees to reach their full potential. With a National portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with long term and exciting career opportunities.
At Aurizon we believe in connection
It is our ability to connect that strengthens communities, industries and builds economies. It helps to embrace diversity in our workplace and that is the experience we want for everyone. We are building a culture where everyone is seen, heard and valued, because of their diversity. We value inclusion throughout the whole company and encourage you to apply.
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator and a top 100 ASX company. Each year, we transport more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities, connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets.
We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and a high-performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee and provide opportunities for career development in a dynamic work environment.
To learn about us and our company values visit www.aurizon.com.au/careers
For more information on this position, please contact Marissa Whittington on email@example.com