WHAT WE OFFER
- Full Time/Permanent opportunity – with job security on long-term contract
- Immediate start for the right candidate
- Attractive rates
- Great opportunity for a Gladstone local
- A workplace that focuses on Zero Harm
Downer’s Industrial and Energy business is seeking an experienced Special Class Welder for ongoing maintenance works on our Orica contract. Ideal for a Gladstone local!
Site based work, consisting mainly of stainless and carbon pipe welding – GTAW (TIG) UP TO 100NB, some sparge welding, and structural and general fabrication.
You’ll work a 48-hour week (Monday – Thursday 6am-4:30pm, Friday 6am-2pm) with some overtime and weekend work required as per client requirements.
As an employer who embraces Equal Opportunity and promotes diversity, we encourage men and women of all ages and backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians, to apply.
- Pass a stainless 6G onsite weld test
- Have ability to obtain a QLD Explosives Security Clearance (mandatory regulation for site)
- Have a valid Working at Heights, Confined Space statement of attainment and Industry White Card
- Trade qualified welder with experience in stainless steel TIG welding
- Strong Zero Harm awareness, ability to work flexibly and always reliable
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your application online via the advertisement, email applications will not be accepted. For technical queries, please contact Recruitment and Sourcing Resourcer Mat.Carney@Downergroup.com