The Sugar Cane Company.
We focus on cane.
We think global.
We act local.
About the role
Reporting to the Engineering Superintendent, you will be a key member of the Farleigh Mill factory maintenance team, providing leadership and direction to a dedicated team of maintenance personnel to ensure the physical integrity and operational efficiency of the plant through effective and safe management of maintenance resources, capital improvements and asset management / care.
- Genuine career progression opportunities + RDO's
- Competitive salary + Job Security + Annual Salary Reviews
- Join Mackay Sugar as during a growth period and as we plan for the future.
Skills and Experience
If you are a hands-on & visible Maintenance Supervisor with a sharp focus on safety, who will enable and direct your team to achieve performance targets, we want you.
As a minimum, you will hold and / or maintain the following:
- have substantial demonstrated experience in successfully leading teams in meeting measurable outcomes within the Sugar Milling and/or Heavy Industrial environments
- hold Tertiary or Trade Qualifications in Mechanical Trade, Engineering or related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience and knowledge and understanding of industrial maintenance execution
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Applications
- Supervision of crews including management of personnel daily activities as required
- Ability to provide clear directions and demonstrated ability to complete assigned tasks
- Ability to work with, support, coach, and develop your employees
- Ensure that all activities are carried out to the highest standard in compliance to all relevant site environmental, health and safety policies and procedures
- Establish effective working relationships with all other personnel around the Mill to achieve high factory reliability and production targets
- Focus on continuous improvement
- Other duties as required to ensure efficient execution of maintenance and capital work across the Factory.
Mackay Sugar Benefits
- Home Every Night
- Permanent, Full-Time Employment
- 5 Weeks of Annual Leave
- Rostered Days Off
- Opportunity to join our business during period of investment and innovation
- Training and Development opportunities to maintain and expand your skill set
- Access to a suite of employee benefits
About Mackay Sugar
Located in tropical North Queensland where a unique lifestyle can be blended with a progressive business, Mackay is home to Australia’s second largest sugar milling company, Mackay Sugar. With more than 140 years’ experience in raw sugar production and employing up to 800 people seasonally, Mackay Sugar is an iconic Australian brand that contributes significantly to our economy and community.
A member of the Nordzucker Group, Mackay Sugar is undergoing an exciting period of change and growth. Nordzucker is one of the leading sugar manufacturers in Europe and brings a network of global ideas, innovation and opportunities to Mackay Sugar.