Make your mark with Thiess
Everyday, all around the world, Thiess supports and celebrates our people. We recognise talent and reward transparency. We champion diversity and embrace change.
Join us. Hone your skills and develop new ones. Take on big challenges and grow, through mentorship, collaboration and empowerment.
Thiess is the place to make things happen.
About the role
We are currently seeking a Maintenance Planner to join our Curragh North project located 30kms from Blackwater in Central QLD.
Reporting to the Planning Superintendent, you will be required to plan and coordinate short to medium maintenance for Light Vehicles and Ancillary or Heavy Mobile Equipment.
Some of your duties will include:
- Planning and scheduling short to medium term maintenance and “Life of Asset” for all Light Vehicles & Ancillary or HME adhering to all Thiess Maintenance and planning procedures.
- Initiating and monitoring the purchasing and logistics process to ensure parts, equipment, resources, and tooling are available when required.
- Monitor the condition and organise the repair of related assets e.g., Heavy Equipment, Ancillary and Light Vehicles.
- Develop weekly-agreed maintenance plans using equipment strategies to facilitate maximum production and minimize downtime and costs to meet plant availability and reliability targets.
- Ensuring all Maintenance and Statutory information stored in the CMMS is detailed, accurate and current.
- Timely communication of any foreseeable disruptions to planned events.
- Actively engaging with mining operations team to ensure plans are aligned with production objectives.
- Ensure that all work completed is carried out as per Thiess and Client approved Standards, Process and Procedures in accordance with company procurement policy.
- Relevant Maintenance Planning Qualifications
- Mechanical Trade or experience in a prior planning role
- Maintenance management diploma or Mechanical Engineering qualification are advantageous
- Maintenance planning experience with Shutdowns/ Service days in a mobile plant environment
- Experience in Maintenance systems JDE, SAP or similar highly regarded
- Current Driver’s Licence
What Thiess can do for you
- Tuesday to Tuesday – 8 and 6 roster
- Living out of camp allowance or full camp accommodation provided
- Thiess’ commitment to ongoing training & development
- Health & wellbeing rewards program through AIA Vitality
- Salary continuance insurance
- Range of corporate discounts including health insurance (Medibank), travel & retail products.
Thiess works with clients in Australia, Asia and the Americas in the dynamic field of open-cut and underground mining.
The pioneering spirit of our founders – the legendary Thiess brothers – is our legacy, and inspires our vision to harness the power of people and technology to drive sustainable change.
At Thiess, you will have the opportunity to play a part in the global energy transition. We are growing our commodities portfolio to include metals and minerals critical to the energy transition, and developing services to enable sustainable mining.
We’re creating a culture of curiosity, knowledge-sharing, and continuous learning – supporting our people to contribute to Thiess’ success and continued growth in sustainable mining.
We’ll support you to hone your skills and develop new ones, take on challenges and grow, through mentorship, collaboration and empowerment. We offer our people ongoing technical training and development opportunities so they can reach their full potential. We also invest in the workforce of the future, with a range of programs for people starting their careers.
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision of everyone matters always. We’re focused on creating an inclusive environment to enable our people to bring their best self to work because they feel safe, included and empowered.
Learn more http://thiess.com/makeyourmark
For more information, please contact Jess Witney – Senior Talent Acquisition Advisor on email@example.com
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to take the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role, please click the ‘Apply’ button or the link below.
Thiess follows a Pre-Employment Process for all successful applicants, which includes two employment references, a National Police Check and a medical assessment. These checks are essential to your application, and your recruiter will support you through the process.